• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2011 CT State IDPA Championship

Very tough match. This was less 'I gotta watch those points' and more 'I gotta try not to Miss or get FTNs'. My favorite was the red button stage and having long discussions of whether a human could actually shoot both targets with -0s. I guess it did happen though! :) I was thinking I was going to be last place with how bad I shot, but I guess people were just less lucky than I was (it was by no means of me out-shooting them, that's for sure).

Thumbs up to the ROs for keeping sane Sunday...rain rain and mud...then extremely hot humid and sticky in the afternoon...yet you guys were going strong all the way to the last stage.

Here's footage of the squad and some other random stuff...

And footage of me trying (but failing) to do a decent job of hitting things...

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana- good vids and good shooting. Caught me yelling at your squad for not sending out tapers [laugh] ... just for the record- I was NOT yelling at Diana- she was out there plenty!!!

So yes, someone did hit the nonthreats on that stage with the nonthreat sliders in Bay3.... they drew drew and racked the slide quickly and didn't want to wait for the nontreats to slide down... so they squatted low and hit them on the bottom. [rolleyes]

Why Dave's fault? Did he tell Jerry to buy it?

No, Jerry and I train on occasion and we've shot some local matches- I've got him to shoot some major matches lately. I didn't tell him that his gun was overweight for SSP. It would have been a clever trick of mine if I had wanted to try to beat him in SSP... but I screwed up and shot ESP. [grin]

My favorite was the red button stage and having long discussions of whether a human could actually shoot both targets with -0s. I guess it did happen though!
How do you know they were actually human?

images

So yes, someone did hit the nonthreats on that stage with the nonthreat sliders in Bay3.... they drew drew and racked the slide quickly and didn't want to wait for the nontreats to slide down... so they squatted low and hit them on the bottom. [rolleyes]
[laugh]
Of all the stages, that was just about the easiest.

[laugh]
Of all the stages, that was just about the easiest.

It may have been the easiest but we did a LOT of taping in the black and gave plenty of FTNs unfortunately. That was a stage where there wasn't much reward for pushing it too fast but you could burn easily if you did.

Very tough match. This was less 'I gotta watch those points' and more 'I gotta try not to Miss or get FTNs'. My favorite was the red button stage and having long discussions of whether a human could actually shoot both targets with -0s. I guess it did happen though! :) I was thinking I was going to be last place with how bad I shot, but I guess people were just less lucky than I was (it was by no means of me out-shooting them, that's for sure).

Thumbs up to the ROs for keeping sane Sunday...rain rain and mud...then extremely hot humid and sticky in the afternoon...yet you guys were going strong all the way to the last stage.

Here's footage of the squad and some other random stuff...

And footage of me trying (but failing) to do a decent job of hitting things...

Ed Stettmeier was done zero on the targets with the red button. But he had to reshoot it a couple times. Hit them both every time but I don't know what his points were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom