2010 ICORE New England Regional Championship

Do they make any revolvers that are like Glocks?

5401.jpg

If you can, join us for Saturday's (1 May 10) IDPA match too. You might find some of the stage set-ups familiar on Sunday.

Your IDPA Match Director on Saturday will be wheel gun legend Magnum Bob Powell.

Choose your IDPA division wisely on Saturday. Bring your Glock Dave. Please.

Craig

Classifier scores and updated classifications as a result of the recent special classifier match held at HAWGs are now posted to the ICORE website. Scores from Watervliet's special classifier held last Saturday will be up shortly. Also, 6 rule changes were passed at last night's ICORE Board of Directors meeting, look for them to be posted on www.icore.org within a few days. Hope to see many of you on May 2! John Major, New England ICORE Regional rep

B? try C for retro. I don't like how they toss the best of the 4 and keep the bottom 3 including the low one I bombed.

Also, 6 rule changes were passed at last night's ICORE Board of Directors meeting, look for them to be posted on www.icore.org within a few days.

Hi John,

Will these rules changes be posted under TOOLS/RULE BOOK on the ICORE website? The current rule book listed there indicates that it was last updated in January 2010. If they are already posted can you let me know where they are, I can't seem to find them yet. Thanks.

Re rule changes, you were looking in the right spot. I just checked the ICORE site, not yet posted, and I expect there will be a link off the home page when they are. The changes become effective May 1. One of them modifies the rule that allows for an "aiming spot" (such as on Near and Far Standards) to specify that a target cannot have both an "aiming spot" (treated like soft cover) and hard cover on the same target, while another better defines soft cover. Another establishes a "Grand Master" classification and adjusts classification bands with the intent to more evenly distribute shooters among the classes. A modification to Rule 6.6 clarifies how disappearing and moving targets are to be scored. Rule 6.7.2 is amended to clarify how hits on no-shoots are to be scored. Rule 6.7.5 is edited to clarify that FTE applies to each required engagement. The Board is planning to print hard copies of the revised rule book sometime after May 1. Hope this helps. John

The changes become effective May 1. One of them modifies the rule...... Another establishes a "Grand Master" classification ..... A modification to Rule 6.6 clarifies ..... Rule 6.7.2 is amended ..... Rule 6.7.5 is edited..... The Board is planning to print hard copies of the revised rule book ...

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is!" W.S. 1602

You know well where this path leads John. It is the hell we escaped that we are now building.

Craig

FYI - A number IDPA SSP and ESP MAs who shall remain nameless will be shooting this as their first Major ICORE match - the entertainment value alone is worth the cost of admission!

The weather looks great - 246 rd minimum.

Craig

This was my first ICORE match and i had a ton of fun! A 250 round day and 36 round stages was a little different than shooting SSR in IDPA. I really wish there was some more ICORE activity closer to home. Thanks to Craig and all the SO's for putting on such a great match.

BossHarley, sorry we didn't catch up, we got to our first stage and I asked the only other person who I didn't know if he was BossHarley and he said Boss who? Hopefully we get a chance to squad up some other time.

Thanks to Craig and Mike and the crew. I had a great time shooting this match. Maybe there is something to these round guns after all.

I've got a lot of work to do to shoot revo halfway decent. I've got a nice blister forming on my trigger finger, and I discovered a weakness of the switch hands reload when shooting 36 round stages.

If you guys keep running this match, I'll definitely come back.

This was my first ICORE match and i had a ton of fun! A 250 round day and 36 round stages was a little different than shooting SSR in IDPA. I really wish there was some more ICORE activity closer to home. Thanks to Craig and all the SO's for putting on such a great match.

BossHarley, sorry we didn't catch up, we got to our first stage and I asked the only other person who I didn't know if he was BossHarley and he said Boss who? Hopefully we get a chance to squad up some other time.

Sorry - I had changed the squad - but I guess they printed it out before the change and I didn't want to rock the boat..... Catch you next time around

WOW! What a great match we had - Thanks to every one for showing up!

Thanks also to S&W for their tireless support of ICORE, the Hartford Gun Club, Watervliet Practical Shooter's crew, The CT Sport Shooters and the Rotation Nation for a 250 rd, 9 stage, 5 hour match!

We had 54 contestants - 25 Retro (woo-whoo!), 17 Limited and 12 Open, 5 Ladies, and 2 Canadians, 1 News crew (WVIT Channel 30 - NBC) and 0 DQ's!

Local CT Revolver hero Frank P. won the S&W handgun.

Results are being tabulated now and will be posted on www.matchreg.com

Awards will be personalized and sent to all the winners according to the prize policy stated on the information page in 4-6 weeks.

Remember, there's still time to register for the Rotation Nation 's special field trip to CA next month for the IRC - www.icore.org - the best match this side of the Orion 7 cluster.

Thank you to everyone and see you aROUND,

Craig

Last edited:
Another observation that I failed to relay: the cylinder and forcing cone are significantly hotter after a 36 round stage than an 18 round (IDPA) stage [wink]

Harvard is a very active big club.. you guys are members right? [smile]
I'm not a member yet, it's on the to do list. It's definitely the next club I'll join. Are there any weekend days that the pits are used for USPSA, IDPA, CAS, or Appleseed?

Sorry - I had changed the squad - but I guess they printed it out before the change and I didn't want to rock the boat..... Catch you next time around
No problem, catch you next time.

Scores are up!

www.matchreg.com

You've got 24 hr to contact the scorekeeper with any issues before they are locked.

Please note that any "2nd gun" scores will NOT be awarded Division or Class trophies.

Thanks again for participating and Congratulations to all the winners!

Craig

Last edited:
Great job to all the folks who put on the ICORE NER match... Ditto to Mike's comments wishing ICORE was a little closer to home for us from "Wusta"

Hey Lugnut, why don't you start an ICORE club at Harvard in your spare time? :)

Back
Top Bottom