2010 ICORE New England Regional Championship

Sunday, 2 May 2010 at the Hartford Gun Club in East Granby, CT

• $75 entry fee

• 8-10 stages including an indoor stage and a Classifier, ~250 rd

• High Overall Division (Retro, Limited and Open) and Classification (Master, A, B, C, D and U) for all Divisions and Classifications with least 3 competitors. Awards will be personalized and mailed after the match.

• Special categories: Senior (50+), Super Senior (65+), 6 shooter, Lady, LE (must present credentials at registration), Military (active, retired or Reserve)

• Prizes – A S&W-donated ICORE Regional firearms prize via random drawing. A minimum of 50 competitors is required to receive a S&W firearm.

Brought to you The Connecticut Sport Shooters and The Rotation Nation - and all under the wise and watchful eye of ICORE's indomitable New England Area Director.

You can regsiter, pay and squad yourself on-line: http://www.matchreg.com/ICORE/

See you there,

Craig

there is no max round count in ICORE, (the rule book is a short & easy read). That said, I doubt you would see more than 30-36 rounds (must be 6 round neutral) in a stage. 6 reloads available would be on the high side.....

there is no max round count in ICORE, (the rule book is a short & easy read). That said, I doubt you would see more than 30-36 rounds (must be 6 round neutral) in a stage. 6 reloads available would be on the high side.....

Yeah, the rulebook is nice an simple, I've read though it. I've got 6 Comp III's and a couple Comp II's to load and make ready. I just need to order some more holders. I've got a double and single. Maybe I'll get the safariland 333 and have six on the belt. I've got plenty of circumference for it [wink].

I presume six-shooter is the category for single action revolvers, other then the holster and ammo requirements already mentioned in the ICORE rules, is there any other differences in shooting a single action revolver for the match?

Definitely considering this one, would only be my second ICORE match, and definitely behind on equipment - as I only have a 625 now - only fits Limited class - shooting against 7-8 shot 38's....
Maybe an excuse to buy the 627 I have always wanted.

Rulebook? more like a leaflet. The entire ICORE rulebook can be summed up in the following:

Otics or ports/compensator= open
no optics or ports/compensator using moonclips= limited (or anything over 6 shot guns with speedloaders)
6 shooter using speedloaders= retro
When the buzzer goes off, shoot the targets without breaking any safety rules.
End of rulebook

Best rulebook of all the shooting sports.

Last edited:
Craig,

Do you need to be classified to enter this match, or, is the classifier as part of the match good enough to cover competitors to shoot in the match?

There is no seperate S/A division, while all wheel guns are welcome, you would be at a great disadvantage as you are being timed + time added based on accuracy. The retro division is really for D/A & speed loaders (no moon clips).

Thank you all for your interest.

I'll try to answer all your questions - this info and more can be found at: http://www.icore.org/rulebook.html

You can register and shoot as Unclassified ("U") in any Division - Open, Limited or Retro as noted in the post. You do not need to be an ICORE member to compete, but you MUST be an ICORE member to win a firearm.

1) The highest stage rd ct between strings so far is 36 rd - some stages start with the gun unloaded. I expect that maximum rd ct between strings will hold as we design the rest of the stages. The longest distance will be about 45 yd on an NRA D1 target.

2) SA guns can shoot in either Limited or Open. Retro is speedloaders only per the rule book. Be aware the SA Colts and clones without transfer bar safeties may only load 5 rd to start, as a hammer resting on a loaded chamber is not considered safe in these guns. There are very very few SA guns competing in ICORE. Impress us.

3) "6 shooter" is any Limited or Retro Revolver whose cylinder contains exactly and only 6 chambers.

4) I can assure you that an accurate shooter with a 6 rd gun will be very competitive at this match. As the wise and wiley 9X21 noted, all stages in ICORE must be 6 rd neutral.

ICORE is the LIGHT out of the Darkness and the WAY from the wandering...

Your Patron of Rotation,

Craig

Last edited:
Craig,

Do you need to be classified to enter this match, or, is the classifier as part of the match good enough to cover competitors to shoot in the match?

That's the day after our Classifier match John- think I can get a kitchen pass two days in a row?

That's the day after our Classifier match John- think I can get a kitchen pass two days in a row?

I just made out my check to join ICORE - $25 for the first year including a one-time $5 joining fee... I'm going to wait for my ICORE number and then sign up for the ICORE NER the next day... The IDPA classifier should be a nice warm-up for that!

For anyone needing to get classified, Watervliet Practical Shooters (the oldest ICORE affiliated club in the area) is hosting a special classifier match on April 10. Minimum 4 ICORE classifier stages, so you can get your classification in one day and have it in time for the Regionals (no problem if your ICORE membership is in process and you don't have your number yet, we can send it in as "pending" and get it matched up once your number has been issued). We're located in Albany NY, less than 2 hours drive from Springfield/Hartford area. Drop me a line [email protected] for details and a copy of the NRA Approval form to cover you coming into NY from out of state for the match. John Major

WPS puts on a great match! Albany is closer than you think and an easy drive on the Pike. John runs a tight ship and has one of the friendliest crews I've ever met.

If that date doesn't work for you we hope to see all our MA friends at the Hartford Gun Club ICORE Classifier-only match on Saturday 3 April.

We'll run 4 ICORE Classifiers and, if time permits, the Timeless Far-and-Near Standards. You can shoot the IDPA Classifier in the AM and ICORE Classifiers in the PM - and meet and greet "Magnum" Bob Powell, the S&W IDPA League's original Revolver Wizard - for great tips and tricks along with all sorts of useful spells and incantations.

ICORE Classifiers are pretty simple. If you shoot Retro, you will not need more than your IDPA SSR gear for the entire day.

Better yet - shoot both Classifier matches and be ready for 2 Divisions!

ICORE is the cure for what ails you,

Craig

WPS puts on a great match! Albany is closer than you think and an easy drive on the Pike. John runs a tight ship and has one of the friendliest crews I've ever met.

If that date doesn't work for you we hope to see all our MA friends at the Hartford Gun Club ICORE Classifier-only match on Saturday 3 April.

ICORE is the cure for what ails you,

Craig

Like my MASTER class round minded friend says,
Very true about WPS, Some know, I have done the double a few times, (shooting Westfield, then going to Albany) shooting a double header....

If you have a revolver & like to shoot. This IS YOUR GAME!
Bring it on boys!

Let's have some revo fun!

Last edited:
For anyone needing to get classified, Watervliet Practical Shooters (the oldest ICORE affiliated club in the area) is hosting a special classifier match on April 10. Minimum 4 ICORE classifier stages, so you can get your classification in one day and have it in time for the Regionals (no problem if your ICORE membership is in process and you don't have your number yet, we can send it in as "pending" and get it matched up once your number has been issued). We're located in Albany NY, less than 2 hours drive from Springfield/Hartford area. Drop me a line [email protected] for details and a copy of the NRA Approval form to cover you coming into NY from out of state for the match. John Major

I'm going to have to make plans to attend some matches this summer. I grew up in Scotia NY and my folks still live there. It will be a good excuse to visit and not let it interfere with my shooting.

It's official! We have our first International shooter registered as of this weekend.

We've also confirmed that people are leaving the Single Stack Nationals early to attend this event. What thinking person wouldn't chose a revolver over a 1911?

www.matchreg.com

Craig

We'll run 4 ICORE Classifiers and, if time permits, the Timeless Far-and-Near Standards. You can shoot the IDPA Classifier in the AM and ICORE Classifiers in the PM - and meet and greet "Magnum" Bob Powell, the S&W IDPA League's original Revolver Wizard - for great tips and tricks along with all sorts of useful spells and incantations.

Craig

Craig, what's the cost for the classifier match ??

Dave,

Great Question!

The Classifier match fee structure is:

$20 if 1) you are and ICORE member registered for the New England Regionals; OR 2) you do not want your scores entered into the ICORE database.

OR

$28 if you want your Classifiers entered into the ICORE database and are NOT registered for the New England Regionals.

ICORE gets $2/Classifier score to update their files, but the New England Regionals will subsidize that cost for ICORE members who register early!

You must be an ICORE member who has (not will be) registered for the New England Regional ICORE Championship the day of the Classifier (3 April 10) to take advantage of this offer. We'll confirm both at registration.

www.ICORE.org
www.matchreg.com

You must be an ICORE member to have your scores entered into the database.

Yet another way ICORE is improving the quality of your life,

Craig

Last edited:
You can shoot the IDPA Classifier in the AM and ICORE Classifiers in the PM
Craig
Craig, just realized your running 2 things on Sat., any idea what time to be there for the ICORE part ?
also, do we need to pre-register ??
Thanks
(and no, no interest in the IDPA part just yet)

Dave,

My best guess is IDPA ending at ~12:00. We need about an hour to set up for ICORE, so 13:00 sounds about right for an ICORE start.

ICORE will be 4 Classifiers (CS 1,2, 4 and 10 I believe) and Damn Near Far and Near Standards (with the black X ring).

There is no pre-registration.

Hope to see you Saturday,

Craig

No worries Dave. If you get there a little late, we'll fit you in.

If you get there a little early you can warm up on the IDPA Classifier. The HGC record with a revolver is 77.50 seconds set last April; this years' record is 82.09 seconds.

I conned...err I mean... convinced a few MA-class SSP shooters to stay and join us for the ICORE match.

Craig

No worries Dave. If you get there a little late, we'll fit you in.

If you get there a little early you can warm up on the IDPA Classifier. The HGC record with a revolver is 77.50 seconds set last April; this years' record is 82.09 seconds.

I conned...err I mean... convinced a few MA-class SSP shooters to stay and join us for the ICORE match.

Craig
Only if they have a space gun divison [smile] (shooting an Open 8 shot revo tomorrow)

HGC ICORE Classifier results are up

check here: http://www.matchreg.com/results/April2010.pdf

Classifier scores will be sent in for ICORE members this week. Thanks to our score keeper Mike for his revolver-like speed getting the results tallied.

Our IDPA Classifier match was so well attended, we were a little late getting started. We'll do better next time.

Thanks to our USPSA Grand Master friends Parker and Enis for their patience and help! Having such great shooters attend our matches really helps attract new shooters. We had quite a few ICORE 1st timers.

We hope to see you all at the NE Regionals in a few weeks.

John - No flashlight or low light per se. There will be an indoor stage with ambient lighting.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom