2010 Deer Hunting Pics

SAV

Bam! Went in with Kev at 3 PM yesterday, and at 4:30PM he texts me: "one coming in on trail!" I had rattled a little and did some tending grunts. The wind was from the North, I had scent pads out, and oddly he came from the North. I just had time to start the camera on my bow when a buck comes form behind a cedar on my right. Head down, tail up, he had just gotten into the area I had doe pee on the pads. He was on a mission, so I quickly picked a shooting lane, stopped him with a bleat, and shot. Rushed it a bit, and he bucked and was off to the races! He made it about 250 yards before crashing. Good blood trail, but when it ran out we circled the area for 5 minutes, only to find it 6 feet away! LOL and took pictures of how stupid we were. Nice 5 pointer, big body. Decent liver shot, but will try to do better. Kev did all the dragging!

Scottand5110110.jpg

Last edited:
Funny story. I brought him to Essex Aggy to be tagged, as they are an hour earlier than Danvers F&G. They weren't prepared for me, but said they would call the "teacher". A group of 20 kids show up, a few were assigned to do the check in and age the deer (3 1/2). They asked me a few questions about hunting in general, and I wish I had plugged it more. It was hysterical and added to the excitement of the hunt. I was their first customer of the season, and they hope to have a scale next time (the butcher estimated 130-140 lbs.)

Congrats.

I worked with an idiot from Utah who hunted from the road and shot mule deer at 400yds and wouldn't hunt with a bow from a tree because it is too easy by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom