200 yards on paper

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Yesterday I installed my reproduction ZF-4 Scope on MAEMT86's K43 and we sighted it in at 50 yards at my range in the 39 degree rain. My K43 scope sight had been moved when I took the windage adjustment cover, so I tested and corrected it, but I needed to come back to dial it in.

Today was 57 degrees, sun, a small breeze, and mud. Did I say mud? There was so much mud it came up into the laces of my sneakers. I first shot at 100 yards (PRVI match 200gr FMJ/BT) on the right target. I then moved to 200 yards and walked through the mud to set up the paper again. I knew I could hit steel at 200, but I never knew exactly where I was hitting. The shots were left, so I walked them into the middle. The last group of 10 was in the black area at 9/10:00 of the circle. After I was finished, I moved another click right. The two low center hits were on purpose to find out where I was hitting. The elevation stringing was me deciding where to set the center post on the target. I left with the arrow of the post sitting at the 6:00 black on the target, hitting center and high center in the 5.5 inch white center circle.

The fairly tight 9/10:00 group was the result.

Yes, I noticed the sun guard had walked on the scope and I have pushed it back down.

I also noticed the original shoot off rubber muzzle covers work really well. I shot off the one I had on it yesterday. That one was black, and I'm color blind, so I didn't see that it was still on.[crying] The one I replaced it with is more of a tan/gray.

Happy snow tomorrow.

T

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpg
    IMG_2249.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
butner?

T

Butner. As in "bread and butner" - CNN and WaPo says that's what it is, and the US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit has upheld it. Banned in Massachusetts, and the AG has decided that Margarime is just a duplicate despite being completely different. Assault butner!

Shame about the muzzle cover but it's good to know it does it's job [rofl]

Good God, no. I'm not traveling to NC (family). Besides, I'm just a plinker. I'm too damaged to formally compete (no prone).

T

Good God, no. I'm not traveling to NC (family). Besides, I'm just a plinker. I'm too damaged to formally compete (no prone).

T

I'm keep forgetting about your surgery .... well you can look at the results and see if any of your rifles are in there and pretend it's your score like I do.

I have not shot prone since Nov and this past Sat I went. My god did my arthritis in my hips keep my from shooting my best , among other things. I personally will most likely never get out of MA to shoot any matches as much as I would love to. I get firm resistance from the other half on anything I consider fun for myself.

As being a plinker , you will fit right in with 99% of the other cmp shooters....and you are on the "younger" side of many of the shooters.

"Younger" at 50?

When things dry up, I'd like to go back and see if I can shoot the "100" results at 200.

Hell, my former '99 Swedish Obendorf over iron sights shot a better group at 100 than this does.

T

Last edited:
"Younger" at 50?

When things dry up, I'd like to go back and see if I can shoot the "100" results at 200.

Hell, my former '99 Swedish Obendorf over iron sights shot a better group at 100 than this does.

T

spring chicken my friend at the cmp matches

I didn't think you guys were that old last October

Probably one of the younger turn outs that day. When I first started shooting over at Pembroke 5 years ago I was the kid shooting. I think if you polled the average age of Cmp matches out side Jr rifle/pistol you might be shocked.

Come and visit LiLo, and then we'll go play.

T

Attachments

• IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 6
spring chicken my friend at the cmp matches

Majspud- I'm a couple years older than you, so yeah- spring chicken!

At the Vermont New England Games there was a pretty good mix. Lots of folks both older and younger than me. Many of the younger ones were active or reserve duty in uniform. You shoot pistol? Might be a good way to get up there for some fun shooting plus check out the couple pallets of M1's CMP brings to sell.

Back
Top Bottom