20 rnd AK mags?

they do. tanker mags.

This^

I picked up a few at a gun show back in the early 90's.
They're called Tankers because they were developed for tank crews.
The standard 30's proved to be a bit long and would snag while climbing in and out through the tanks hatch.
And yes, they are much better for shooting from a bench.

Only when I get to New Hampshire [frown]

But a +1

Attila FTW

Did you end up ordering mags from them? I see they don't ship mags that hold >10 rounds to MA. But it says to fax them a copy of a LTC to verify before shipping. So does that mean they'll ship 20 rounders as long as they have a copy of your LTC?

Last edited:
They do exist, I sold a bunch of pre-bans awhile ago. new in wrappers, where were you?

20 round prebans you were selling? I was looking to pick up another 20 round mag. I got plenty of 30 rounders. I should have bought more 20 rounders at the last gun show I went to, they were much cheaper than ordering from this company and paying for shipping.

20 round prebans you were selling? I was looking to pick up another 20 round mag. I got plenty of 30 rounders. I should have bought more 20 rounders at the last gun show I went to, they were much cheaper than ordering from this company and paying for shipping.

Yup, pretty sure they are all gone but I can check. They were Hungarian I believe, new in the oily wax wrappers.

Yup, pretty sure they are all gone but I can check. They were Hungarian I believe, new in the oily wax wrappers.

I got my AK in October so if it was before then, I probably didn't pay much attention to it since I didn't decide I wanted an AK until October. Yeah let me know. Thanks.

Tanker mags look bitching in krinks.

One of these days I will snap a picture of my progress on that rifle.

That is correct they are Hungarian and were made for use in the AMD65. They were mucho plentiful at one time. Curtis was selling NOS still in the wrapper for $5 a copy. At that price I stocked up on them heavy. They are actually my favorite AK mags

That is correct they are Hungarian and were made for use in the AMD65. They were mucho plentiful at one time. Curtis was selling NOS still in the wrapper for $5 a copy. At that price I stocked up on them heavy. They are actually my favorite AK mags

Damn $5 huh, that's pretty darn good. Yeah I definitely prefer the 20 round mag I have over my 10 and 30 rounders. I think I paid $20 or $25 for the 20 rounder at the Wilmington gun show. I should have bought more.

I'll buy one off ya lol.

This^

I picked up a few at a gun show back in the early 90's.
They're called Tankers because they were developed for tank crews.
The standard 30's proved to be a bit long and would snag while climbing in and out through the tanks hatch.
And yes, they are much better for shooting from a bench.

That and the Hungarian AMD65, designed for tank crews, has a forward fore-grip that makes using the standard 30 rounder a little difficult.

From what I always heard the 20 round mags were made up for them due to the forward grip.

I've got 3 but would like to grab more because they work great in SKS D & M variants. Something about the mag catch design and the weight when loaded that makes it easier to use 20 rounders over the 30s.

Make one.

You can cut a 30 down and reform the lip for the floor plate.

Someone on akfiles had a video of it, I can't find it on youtube.

Pretty simple to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
PM mikelawtown. Apparently he knows of retailers that sell them for $13.99.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/246432-AK-Mags?highlight=Ak+mags

The retailer I bought my 30 rounders from, who ship to MA, are currently sold out. They were selling for $18 plus shipping.

I think the only time I ever paid more than $17 for an AK mag was a 75 round drum at the Marlboro gun show back in '02 for $50.

Actually I think a 40 rounder I bought a few years back was $25.

I only have 1, or 2, but I wish that I bought more because they are excellent quality mags. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more 20s if I see them for a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom