2 clean M44s

mac1911

NES Member
al though not prestine nor 100% matching numbers, for 233.00ea shipped they are clean and in great shape. 1. 1944 1. 1945 The stocks are typical mosin bangNding. 1st for me though is very clean bores. Pics show the first few patches. I usually go through at least 20 black patches after scubbing! Then so many more until sort of clean. 103_3540.jpg 103_3537.jpg 103_3538.jpg 103_3539.jpg

One suggestion, buy one of those electronic bore cleaners. Comes with the stainless steel rod with rubber washers and the power supply which have LED lights on it to let you know when the cleaning cycle is finished. You will be amazed at the crap that will come out when you pour out the solution from the barrels.

Fred.....I forgot to add that. I have my own home made electron bore cleaner....dad made it years ago, he was. Master electrician. I ran it after my cleaning just to see......I'm mean these bores where clean.
I seen a handfull of well handled 200$ m44s at the show then the 400.00 ones. I'm glad I waited over a month for these.
I was looking for a shooter....I found a few really nice ones. These bores are pretty tight also as the 30 Cal jag nd patch is a snug fit...very snug. I cant wait. I got some match grade bullets to load up for my mosin. Scored a case at show for blast'n.

Nice looking M44's. I took mine out shooting today and had a blast. My shoulder's a bit sore and I was turning a few heads, that's for sure! Should I be running patches through this thing until they come out white? I swear after 10 patches it was still coming out grey.

Had to peen my front dovetail since the front sight was loose. I was a bit wobbly on the bench rest (I got a pretty crummy rolled up carpet) so my groupings weren't tight at 50 yards, but I was still hitting bulls at 50 yards.

I have never been able to get a "clean" patch with oil or solvent on it. Light gray is ok for me on a 60+ year old barrel. these bores looked really nice from the get go. I usually start my mosin cleaning with simple green mixed 50/50 with hot water I scrub the rifle inside and out with this. It gets a good amount of crud out of bore and deep corners of the action. I then use a more agressive bore cleaner. If I cant get it clean i go to electro bore cleaning. be warned it may take a barrel you thought was clean and shines to WTF(whats really under that polished fouling).....im a believer this shine is more of polished fouling?

Back
Top Bottom