• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1St Gen Glock 17

AMV

NES Member
How rare and how valuable is a first gen Glock 17? I was in the market for a 17 MOS for carry optics, I already have a 1st gen glock 17 and was thinking about a trade but was surprised to see some selling for around 2k is that the normal now days? what is the desire for the 1st gen? just collector value? personally I always liked the smooth grip, but the gen5 seems to have that now. any glock guys here?

my thoughts exactly
I can’t honestly say if the G01 is a collector or not, but there’s probably about 3 dozen active members here that will know. Give it a few mins.
That’s even way out of whack for the MASS surcharge some people pay.

I can’t honestly say if the G01 is a collector or not, but there’s probably about 3 dozen active members here that will know. Give it a few mins.
That’s even way out of whack for the MASS surcharge some people pay.
the original g17 that did not get a mandatory refresh in 1992 may have some value, but, i am not one of those who would collect such things, so, i would not know.
i only shoot glocks, do not collect them.

How rare and how valuable is a first gen Glock 17? I was in the market for a 17 MOS for carry optics, I already have a 1st gen glock 17 and was thinking about a trade but was surprised to see some selling for around 2k is that the normal now days? what is the desire for the 1st gen? just collector value? personally I always liked the smooth grip, but the gen5 seems to have that now. any glock guys here?
Are they listed for 2k or being sold for 2k?

The first 2 hits on a google search, don't get me wrong, I think it worth about $400, that's why i am asking what the deal is, the two listings below appear to have sold, couple on gunbroker in the 1k range, I bought it new in the box for $375 I think at the foxboro gun show many years ago before any MA glock ban made in the 1980'S i think

Weirdo collectors. Obviously if its beat up/worn no way its getting 2Gs, its not worth much more than a few hundo at that point.

Here's one on auction. 2 days left. Current bid is $215. No reserve. This sounds about right.

yes, I watched that, price means nothing on those penny start auctions until the bell rings, they have gotten me excited before thinking I would get a big score.

slide drilled for a milet site and looks like it has the refurb mark also

yes, I watched that, price means nothing on those penny start auctions until the bell rings, they have gotten me excited before thinking I would get a big score.

slide drilled for a milet site and looks like it has the refurb mark also

Good catch on the site drilling. Didn't notice that on first looksie. Gunbroker is weird though. Sometimes everyone floods the auction in the last minute and the price jumps multiples. Other times people are completely disinterested and it sells for a bid left 4 days ago. Worth "watching" auctions, at least if you're searching for something specific. I realize this is more the opposite here for you though.

How rare and how valuable is a first gen Glock 17? ...
For $2K it better come with a puppy and a hot chic.
FODLCqJWYAAogi_.jpg

Lol. And $1500 cash back...

1651180122027-png.609382
I like how Ben is reacting to your post.
How did you get him to do that?

didn't read the entire thread but first gen glocks are seriously rare in the united states. our history of them here pretty much begins with gen 2. i'm an unabashed fan boy of glock since 1991 and have never seen a gen 1 in person, don't know of anyone who has much less own one. i do know they command seriously high dollars if you see one for sale. you'd have to be nuts to fire a decent example much less alter one.

didn't wilson just do a reissue of the gen 1 last year?

didn't read the entire thread but first gen glocks are seriously rare in the united states. our history of them here pretty much begins with gen 2. i'm an unabashed fan boy of glock since 1991 and have never seen a gen 1 in person, don't know of anyone who has much less own one. i do know they command seriously high dollars if you see one for sale. you'd have to be nuts to fire a decent example much less alter one.

Is that why some company make those re-issue P80's? Didn't realize the history with Gen 1's.

Funny I was talking to my kid about one of my bigger gun regrets: there was a member here selling a gold-plated HK P7M13 engraved by a known pistol artisan for $2700, around 2010'ish. I thought the gold plating looked a bit tacky and didn't make an offer on it. Plain HK P7's are selling on Gun Broker for $2700 nowadays, and I can't imagine a one-of-a-kind P7M13 would've gone for now.

That said, I probably won't buy a Glock in this life, not even a Gen1 lol.

Gen 1 would have to have some backstory or low number to be of any collector value. Other than that its an old dry piece of plastic, worth 200 dollars because its probably ready
to crack.

That said in the 80's I had probably one of the first Gen 1's in my hand at a gun store in Northboro.

The owner and I laughing how he bought it just for fun because he wanted to shoot it and laugh because no one would buy a plastic gun.

Gen 1 would have to have some backstory or low number to be of any collector value. Other than that its an old dry piece of plastic, worth 200 dollars because its probably ready
to crack.
I would tend to agree with you, but it would seem, people in the inner glock circle are paying quite a bit more, What it is worth is what someone is willing to pay, maybe I toss it up on auction site see what happens.
1987 glock17. With original box paperwork and 2 U mags.

I would tend to agree with you, but it would seem, people in the inner glock circle are paying quite a bit more, What it is worth is what someone is willing to pay, maybe I toss it up on auction site see what happens.
1987 glock17. With original box paperwork and 2 U mags.
Never know what these glock fanboys will pay......and your all original. That is pretty cool acutually. Definately not over 300 dollar cool to me, but someone might bite.

to crack.

Lol I disagree I bet those guns are still well stronger than a new p80 frame even. Just cause it's old doesn't mean it's deteriorated. We're not talking plastic spoons here.

Back
Top Bottom