1916 Remington Mosin Nagant

Today, I came across someone who has a 1916 Remington marked Mosin Nagant. Not a numbers matching piece, but it is in decent condition. It is import marked. Good bore.

The guy is asking $325 for this rifle. Is this a reasonable price?

Its ok, maybe even high depending on condition. It'd have to be really mint inside and out for me to spend that much on one. Pretty sure a few Mosin sites out there have info on how to check if they have original barrels, etc.

Sounds like enough for an import marked, non-matching. But condition can play a major role. Some bring $150, some bring $400???

Does it have the original stock with visible cartouche? Intact eagle stamp? Might be worth it, there are fewer and fewer to be found.

If it has the original walnut stock and the markings martin mentions then I would go for it. If the stock has been swapped out which I bet it has since other parts have been mixed in. Remington's are hard to find so if you can beat the guy down on the price at least you will have a Remington that made it to Russia and back. Non import Remington's are going for BIG bucks now. One auction site just sold an all original in pristine condition for $2800.

Back
Top Bottom