1914 waffenfabrik Mauser

40 caliber

NES Member
I really wasn't looking to buy this, but I walked into a local gunshop today. I had seen and shot Majspud's at the Mansfield shoot and had put this little pistol on the mental wish list. I had looked at them on GB, but there was always something else to buy.

Someone had just traded this in. It was still behind the counter. Turned out the guy that traded it had passed me as I walked in. While talking to the shop owner, he dropped the price twice while I was standing there. I guess he was looking for a fast nickel instead of a slow dime.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I threw my C&R at him (which I always have in my wallet) and went to the ATM. Anyway, here are some pix. I have to clean it up, but at $250, I think I did ok.

Majspud tells me it is a post WW1 Piece. mid to late 1920s by the serial number. Now to just get some 32 acp and head to the range........

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

Edit: I can say it is no later than 1922 as:

"In 1922 Mauser changed its name to Mauserwerke A-G from Waffenfabrik Mauser A-G and this change is reflected in the identifying slide markings. During this transition, the Mauser banner, which appears on the side plate, was also changed but only slightly."

As you have the old logo, the pistol cannot be after 1922...

MS

Does it say "GERMANY" is small lettering on the left had plate? Also any proof marks on top behind rear sight?

Have on just like it?

Does it say "GERMANY" is small lettering on the left had plate? Also any proof marks on top behind rear sight?

Have on just like it?

Yes there is a small proof mark behind the sight. if you look in the second picture above the trigger, there is Germany in diagonal engraving. I looked on GB and saw them this way and also horizontally
Tom

Looks like we have all been busy..... another nice pick up. Ok... I can't take it any more... I will have to post a recent find as well.

Nice pickup..... These little 1910, 1914, 1934 Mauser pocket pistols have to be one of the most overlooked milsurp buys out there.

Keep it down....... [smile] You just might push the price up for the rest of us looking to scoop up a bargain like that.

Back
Top Bottom