1909 Mauser

Fell is love with an absolutely stunning 1909 Argentine Mauser in 7.65 today. This thing was in pristine condition but I know nothing of it's caliber, quality (though it looks VERY well made) and most of all it's value. Anybody have one that can enlighten me?

For some reason, every Argentine Mauser I run across is in really nice condition. Value? I'd expect to see a price tag of between $300-$450 these days.

Mine is a 7.65x53mm and the workmanship is also impressive. No idea on current values for these rifles but if you love it then consider buying it. I believe Norma still sells 180 gr. SP ammo in that caliber (aka 7.65 Argentine). I have reloaded using Hornady #3130, .303 cal, 174 gr., .312 dia., RN bullets. If you are a reloader and do not have access to 7.65 casings, I've read that you can trim and resize 30-06 cartridges in a 7.65 die, and then fire-form and re-trim.

They are very well made because the old folks at DWM Berlin knew how to build excellent rifles[wink]
As for ammo, you may want to try out PRVI. Pretty good stuff at affordable prices (as opposed
to the excellent quality but exorbitant price of Norma) and this will leave you with quality brass
for rolling your own.

Oh, and once you have been bitten by the Mauser bug, the Argie won't stay alone.
The M1908 Brazilians/M1912 Chilenos/M1909 Peruvians are excellent ones and on
the market in like-new condition.

That is a very steep price tag. A great deal of them have scrubbed crests. I picked one up a few years back for $350 and Privi as Jurgen said can be found at gun-shows. I also purchased some surplus. I would look around some. When you do find one you will not be disappointed on how nice the action is.

Back
Top Bottom