• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1812 M95 Springfield Rocks Again

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
I finally got to shoot my M95 Springfield. I had the main spring reforged, and the cracked cockspur laser welded. 75 degrees, mostly sunny, light breeze. 50 yards standing, no sling, 70gr. 3X powder, 10 rounds .68 ball, no patch, 4X priming powder. I had a little trouble with the priming powder as it is 20 years old and a little humidity had gotten to it. I also fussed with the flint; it worked best with the flat up.

First shot was the 2:00 black. Needless to say, this was exciting.[rockon]

T

Last edited:
Looks great but you'd do better with an ACOG on it. [wink] Got any pictures of the weld? Who did the welding for you? Nice job, Tim!

ACOG?

Pullman Arms in Worcester did the job. The middle picture is the 'after' and the third picture is the 'before'. What else about it did you need to see?

T

ACOG?

Pullman Arms in Worcester did the job. The middle picture is the 'after' and the third picture is the 'before'. What else about it did you need to see?

T

No need for anything... I was just curious. Pullman does nice work. I was joking about the ACOG or Advanced Combat Optic Gunsight... but I think there are a few in the classifieds.

Back
Top Bottom