17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

The longer this goes on, the more I am sure they are talking themselves into a conviction, possibly a lower charge.
possibly. Can't find it now, but was reading an article earlier that broke down only what the jury was in the room for and the instructions they were given.

Reading it that way was very different than having seen all the other debates and details that the jury was not there for.

A group of non-LE dudes aggressively approach you and try to detain you, preventing your free travel. Yeah, I wouldn’t be opposed to going hands on first either. Those guys had zero reason to stop Arbery from moving freely about his business. Don’t know about Georgia, but in MA that would be kidnapping. They did not have a legal basis for doing a citizens arrest, even under Georgia’s looser law.
Charging a man with a loaded shotgun is not what I would call a smart move no matter what the circumstance .
If he had no plans to shoot you before , he will now.
That and I'm not crying for Arbery .
We of course now know the guy had a pretty extensive criminal history .
Including posing as a jogger to commit house breaks as part of it , so nope , it's just Karma doing Karma.

Charging a man with a loaded shotgun is not what I would call a smart move no matter what the circumstance .
If he had no plans to shoot you before , he will now.
That and I'm not crying for Arbery .
We of course now know the guy had a pretty extensive criminal history .
Including posing as a jogger to commit house breaks as part of it , so nope , it's just Karma doing Karma.
I would imagine his actions were preceded by the phrase "Wachoogondu?"

You think the judge telling them earlier that they’ve been filmed had something to do with that? They’re not oblivious, some of them expressed that concern before the trial began.

Were they in the room for that? I thought that was before they came in.

Given the makeup of Wisconsin, I think it highly probable that at least one of the 12 jurors deliberating the case will be a far left progressive who will hold out for conviction no matter what the evidence. So it is likely that this will result in a hung jury. The question then is will Judge Schroeder declare a simple mistrial, allowing the prosecution a redo, or will he declare a mistrial with prejudice ending the case.

Were they in the room for that? I thought that was before they came in.
According to fox they were in the room:

The Wisconsin judge overseeing the murder trial of Kyle Rittenhouse announced Tuesday that deputies had caught someone recording video of the jurors earlier in the day and would be taking new steps to ensure the incident did not happen again, in addition to ordering the person to delete the images.

The jury entered the Kenosha County courtroom on Tuesday morning and was greeted by Judge Bruce Schroeder, who referenced "the incident at the bus pick-up this morning." Before the panel of jurors arrived, Schroeder had revealed that someone was spotted filming the group.

"I've been assured that … the video, which had been taken, has been deleted," Schroeder told the jury, "and new procedures are being instituted so that something like that … should not recur

Given the makeup of Wisconsin, I think it highly probable that at least one of the 12 jurors deliberating the case will be a far left progressive who will hold out for conviction no matter what the evidence. So it is likely that this will result in a hung jury. The question then is will Judge Schroeder declare a simple mistrial, allowing the prosecution a redo, or will he declare a mistrial with prejudice ending the case.
In theory that was supposed to be "bred out" at voir dire, much in the same way they get rid of us (especially those of us who are fully-informed about jury rights).

Really? This kids life is on the line and instead of trying him on fact they are considering a decision based on public backlash? America has no god damn back bone. How infuriating. The sytem is broken.
They just sat through the legal persecution of an innocent young man - why would they believe the system has their back?

Really? This kids life is on the line and instead of trying him on fact they are considering a decision based on public backlash? America has no god damn back bone. How infuriating. The sytem is broken.
Not agreeing, but I see it and understand it. It's been part of the American legal scene since Rodney King, which was a leading factor in OJ Simpson getting off.

What's more important to you, your family being attacked and hurt and your business destroyed, or some kid you don't even know? Your bolded statement explains it all. Actually, the case could easily be made that you only need the first four words of that sentence.

He’s no diehard anarchist, but your basic run of the mill low life criminal.
(Does anyone else recall the late Jay Severin's oft-repeated
salacious definition of "a distinction without a difference"?)

A group of non-LE dudes aggressively approach you and try to detain you, preventing your free travel. Yeah, I wouldn’t be opposed to going hands on first either. Those guys had zero reason to stop Arbery from moving freely about his business.
His business of casing a construction site to look for things to steal.
The nerve of those people.

Travis and Greg McMichael's Notice of Intent to Introduce Evidence Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 24-4-404(b) and Uniform Superior Court Rule 31.1
...​
5. On August 21, 2018, Burke County Witness reports and Burke County Office body cam Video reveals Mr. Arbery was caught by a stay-at— home mom who saw him in her backyard looking into the windows of her cars. She called police who found Mr. Arbery at his grandmother’s residence. Police officers arrived to give Mr. Arbery a trespass warning about his conduct and behavior. When confronted by the officers about the eye-witness report, he lied said he had ”gone running in the street,” and then became aggressive, confrontational, and repeatedly threatened that he would “whip the officer’s ass” if they didn't leave him alone. He was not arrested;​
6. On October 23,2018, Burke County reports and Burke County officer body cam video reveal Mr. Arbery and two juveniles were confronted in a vacant mobile home by the Burke County Sheriff’s Office. Mr. Arbery ran when confronted by the authorities. He was later caught and lied, stating he was just out running, when asked about being in the mobile home. He was charged with misdemeanor obstruction for running when given lawful commands to stop;​
7. On December 1, 2018, Glynn County officer body cam video reveals Mr. Arbery was arrested, charged, and later convicted for felony shoplifting by entering a store and attempting to steal a television;​
8. In 2019 and 2020,witness interviews reveal Mr. Arbery was seen by his own neighbors, removing screen from Windows and trying enter their homes through the windows. When confronted by the neighbors about his conduct and behavior, he appeared ”nervous or agitated" and ”trying to figure out where to go." Then he said he was interested in buy the house but ”took off running.” On the second occasion,the home owner observed Mr. Arbery trying to gain entrance through a door. They again tried to talk to Mr. Arbery but he would not speak or say anything, he simply ran away;​
9. In 2019 and 2020, local convenience store Witness interviews reveal Mr. Arbery became known as ”the jogger" for his repeated conduct and behavior of running up, stretching in front in, and then entering several convenience stores where he would grab items and run out before he could be caught; ...​
...​
1. On October 25,2019,home surveillance video at 220 Satilla Drive captures Mr. Arbery at night and in the dark canvassing the interior property and valuables contained within;​
2. On November 18, 2019, home surveillance video at 220 Satilla Drive captures Mr. Arbery at night and in the dark canvassing the interior property and valuables contained Within;​
3. On February 11, 2020, Witness testimony, 911 recordings, and home surveillance Video at 220 Satilla Drive details that Mr. Arbery was once again canvassing the interior and exterior property and valuables at night and that he fled after police were called.​
...​

Back
Top Bottom