• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

17 WSM Have you seen any

Hi got a Savage B Mag for Christmas, now looking for some ammo 17 WSM, not to be confused with 17 HMR, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dean

One of the guys at my club bought a bunch at Bass Pro. Call first though because he might've got it all.

I'm moving this to the Ammo forum.

Guns & gear in Agawam seems to always have both HMR and WSM in stock... and keep it in stock. i get the HMR myself and i cant think of them not having it on hand

Bass Pro had a lot at a good price a few months back (when it was not readily available and was going for full retard prices on GunBroker) . It is hit or miss as with any ammo. I don't think I have seen any on the last two trips.
White Feather

Idc in clinton had some when i was in there a few weeks ago. Overprriced like most of their other stuff but they had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some I bought in Virginia at Gander Mountain. I haven't bought the B-mag yet though. I want the ammo first.
When I saw how much they had at Bass Pro and the good price (a few months back), I seriously considered buying one. I looked when I was there yesterday and they did not have any.
White Feather

Use it for punching paper or varmints? Damn, that would be pink mist. 20gr hauling that much ass.

I never punch paper, it just does nothing for me, I have to shoot at something reactive, and yes this caliber was made Varmints, red mist and acrobatic flips a sight to see, and they 25gr 2600FPS ones are just as Nasty.

Dean

They rounds are actually a 25 cal "Ramset" necked down to 17 cal, for those not in the know, a Ramset is one of those nail guns that drives nails into cement.

Dean

They rounds are actually a 25 cal "Ramset" necked down to 17 cal, for those not in the know, a Ramset is one of those nail guns that drives nails into cement.

Dean

I thought those blanks wouldn't be the loud . I know this is retarded but I put one in a vice and hit it with a hammer..... Holy crap it was loud . This is what happens when I go to work for a week and have no work and start cleaning my shop lol ...

I think some states you need to take a test to use a Ramset .

Saw it at shooters today. Looked like they had plenty. CCI swamp people stuff...wanna say it was $32 or $35 for 200rnds.

If they were CCI then it was not the right ammo, Winchester is they only one who makes 17 WSM ammo, not to be confused with 17 HMR, which is a necked down 22 mag or 17 mach 2 which is a necked down 22LR.

Dean

Back
Top Bottom