• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

25M shootout; 1930's style...

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Went to my friend's range in Holbrook. We were hoping to use the long range, but they were having what looked like an iron bunny shoot at 25M - at the long range. So we had to use the 25M range instead; 50 degrees, little wind. Oh well, I thought, I could practice my form.

I brought my 1938 BSW K98 and my 1931 M03 Springfield. A test of the Mauser actions. I shot 45 rounds of '53 Yugo surplus out of the Mauser first, then 30 rounds of '70s HXP surplus out of the Springfield. All shooting was standing with hasty sling. I noticed I shot better with the Springfield in second slot when I was tired. I used repro slings when I shot; in the pics I have put the originals back on.

004-14.jpg

005-7.jpg

006-7.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-7.jpg

009-5.jpg

MS

Last edited:
The event you mention is hunter pistol, they have steel out to 75 yards. Its alot of fun so if you have a 22 or larger caliber stop by. Heck I am in no way a good pistol shot but have blast trying whenever I have attended.
If you ever want to check out what is going on at the 200 yard at Holbrook go the their web site, the link is in my signature line. 25 yards, for those rifles its almost an insult to their ability but you have to shot where you can. It happened to me on occasion when I didn't check the calender.

Back
Top Bottom