• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FIELD & STREAM DEER CART

Anyone own the Field & Stream deer cart sold @ Dick's

Is it any good?

The drag is getting to be a drag!

Any info would be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

DOWNWIND

Hunt on the roads and drive right up to it.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Get the sled. Works better than a cart in the snow, and still better than dragging in no snow, plus it keeps it cleaner. Probably easier to store as well.

I am a fan of using a cart. Once you have used on you will never want to go back to dragging a deer out again. In my case I built mine out of a couple of mountain bike tires and some EMT. I don't know how to weld so I bolted it together. My cart also doubles as a ramp to help me get the deer into the back of the truck.

DeerCart001.jpg

DeerCart006.jpg

Bob

wow. New welding project for me!

I like it a lot better than what you can buy as it is much higher off of the ground. I have a set of plans for what I built. If you want them drop me a PM. If I could weld I would have used the forks off of the bicycles to support the wheels instead of the steel rod and what ever you do do not paint it black. DOH It makes it very hard to find in the dark if you need to leave it on a trail. I have since added reflective tape to the cart.

If you look closely there is enough space for me to step into the cart before the first rib and that makes it much easier to handle in the woods.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom