10mm AR

So, I'm thinking of building a new AR, and I want something funky. I've seen a couple of pistol caliber AR's before, usually 9mm, but I found some Glock magazine AR lowers and parts to for a 10mm upper. Am I crazy to think that this would be a cool idea for an AR pistol/SBR, or is this some sort of fools errand?

I'm with you on this one, always had this in the back of my mind and wondered why no one did one.

Olympic arms has an upper for the ar in 10 mm, midway has them. Comes with one magazine. Got to investigate this more. How can you tell another dull night in work.

Supposedly they work great according to the glock talk 10mm reloaders and perfect 10 subforums. The frame gets inserted and the upper attaches and the rifle barrel becomes the pistol barrel.

I just built a 9mm on a Lone Wolf lower for Glock mags. It is awesome because I can use it at steel matches.

What is barrel availability like? I did a real quick search and couldn't find a .40 barrel. I have an extra upper and plenty of Glock mags so I figure why not build a complete .40 upper also.

You want funky?? Make the upper in .375 Reaper... [devil]

Isn't the .357 reaper just a knock off of 9x39.......

yeah but the only dedicated one which exists is an olympic arms with that goofy single stack mag.

Get there upper and use a different lower.
10mm fits in grease gun mags. Not sure if it will work in uzi .45 mags but you can use a 9mm uzi mag block for .45 if you file the corners of the mag adapter.

Last edited:
Isn't the .357 reaper just a knock off of 9x39.......

Get there upper and use a different lower.
10mm fits in grease gun mags. Not sure if it will work in uzi .45 mags but you can use a 9mm uzi mag block for .45 if you file the corners of the mag adapter.
Russian Simpson's did it. It's based on 308 homo capitalist brass.

At least Chinese just copy the design, but Americans need to "invent" shit that's been in use forever.

Pistol rounds are fine with just a blow back design, you don't need to run any tubes to barf back into aluminum receiver box.

Russian Simpson's did it. It's based on 308 homo capitalist brass.

At least Chinese just copy the design, but Americans need to "invent" shit that's been in use forever.

Pistol rounds are fine with just a blow back design, you don't need to run any tubes to barf back into aluminum receiver box.

Lol I thought it was a necked up 7.62x39

308 brass probably costs more than loaded 7.62x39. It was the parent case for 9x39, but was a no go due to berdan cases and not many boxer primed 76239 brass.

For the 10mm you might be able to just open a 9mm bolt up if the extractor is big enough to be modded .
Then you just buy a 10mm blank and have it turned to match a 9mm barrel .
You can get the print fairly easy. I asked a few shops and they quoted me 75-100$.
You'll need to chamber it your self or if the shop is willing todo shouldn't cost that much more. I got quotes from barrel makers and it was way. More then a machine shop quoted me.

The only other thing you'll need is a heavy buffer.
Orion list the bolt weight as 2.8
So you weigh the bolt and buffer. The drag of cocking the hammer makes it a little less.
Orion's list is on the high side . They list a 9mm as 1.7 pounds.

http://www.cncguns.com/projects/AR45lower.html
+
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=385892

You should be able to open up a regular bolt 9mm blowback bolt, but if you decide to do DI, you can also use a reguar AR bolt.

Bazooka brothers lower is little cheaper .
But you mod the mags for a ar15 mag release.

Then there's a plastic lower with a built in butt stock . The mag well works with stang/ar mags and there's mag block for grease gun mags. Forgetting the company but it starts with a g.

Mad machinist on Cnc guns and few other sites will build you a di upper in 45 10mm 50 ae . Basically any thing you want .

Back
Top Bottom