10 round 1911 mags for IDPA?

I'll be taking GOAL's intro to IDPA course on the 24th and wanted to hear opinions on using extended 10 rounders over the stand 8's.

Is the capacity and size (extra grip area) a benefit or does the added size become a hindrance? I will be attending with a friend and between the two of us, we have 2 8-rounders and 4 10-rounders. If the 10's are not recommended, I'll need to buy a bunch of 8's.

I have essentially no experience with carrying, drawing and quick reloading, so please keep that in mind.

IDPA doesn't allow the extended mags. IDPA has a standardized box that guns must fit in. An extended mag definitely would not fit.

For a 1911 in .45 which would be in CDP division, you would want a bunch of reliable 8s.

Agree with GTOShootr. 10 round extended mags for 1911s are a no-go in IDPA. Get yourself some 8 round magazines.

I've used Wilson 47D's for over 20 years in USPSA. They're the standard to go by.

I'd like to try the Wilson ETM magazines. They appear to have similar design features of the Tripp magazine, but hopefully with Wilson quality control.

I'd like to try the Wilson ETM magazines. They appear to have similar design features of the Tripp magazine, but hopefully with Wilson quality control.

This thread is making me want to shoot my STI Trojan again.... yeah the ETM mags are good.

The .45 ACP ETM magazines are just as good as the 47Ds, I've had good luck with both. The 9mm ETM magazines are a bit perplexing but seem to be working well.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Back
Top Bottom