10/22 bolt release

Does the bolt release really make a difference? I suppose I could buy one, but I thought I read that one can also do this at home with a file, in which case, if it fails, you just buy one anyhow.

So, what does this gain you, and can someone post instructions?

I figured I'd break this out as a separate thread from the other items about "LTR" things.

Thanks.

Just to be sure that the answer shows up here, too...

2 - The bolt release is another no-brainer. Biggest advantage to the modification (or buying the replacement one for about $9 from MidwayUSA) is that once your sights are on the target, you can simply release the bolt with one hand without losing your NPOA (Natural Point Of Aim). One hand only needed to release the modified bolt vs. two hands for the stock abomination.

I've never had a problem manipulating the stock bolt release one-handed, and I've got pretty small hands for someone my height. I'll probably modify the stock release in the future, but I definitely wouldn't worry about it TOO much.

One picture truly is worth at least a couple hundred words here, so here's a thread with the mod done in pictures: http://rimfireshooting.com/index.php?showtopic=3185

Now that I've done and successfully tested the trigger modifications, I am ready for this. Is flat or curved better? I thought I read it both ways. Thanks.

Curved. Flat won't work.

Should look like this:

688102.jpg

Also keep in Maine that this will not work with many of the extended mag releases out there.

It works just fine in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. New York and New Jersey, too.

Seriously, what are you talking about? Do you have a cite for this? I've never heard of this modification not being compatible with the extended mag releases.

Back
Top Bottom