10 +1 or is it actually 9 +1?...

DMX

I'm a little confused about this; I know we can't have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds but when I carry can I hold 10 and one in the chamber or only 9 in the magazine if I choose to keep a round chambered?

I'm a little confused about this; I know we can't have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds but when I carry can I hold 10 and one in the chamber or only 9 in the magazine if I choose to keep a round chambered?
10+1. The 10 round limit is the magazine itself. Point of order in that we can own standard capacity magazines, but only if they were manufactured prior to the 94 ban.

The limit is exclusively on magazines. Imagine a strange hybrid of a revolver and an automatic, with both a revolving cylinder and a magazine in the grip. The magazine would be limited to 10 rounds, but all 6 (or 8, or 10, etc) chambers could also be loaded, leading to a capacity of 16 (or 18, or 20, etc) in total. It's a high capacity magazine ban, not a greater than 10 rounds in a gun ban.

Edit: such a strange revolver/automatic was actually made https://thearmsguide.com/4268/weird-gun-wednesday-the-dardick-1500/

Thanks for the answer guys. I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere so I had to make the thread.

Back
Top Bottom