1 Million rounds per minute gun

No spent casings at all.
This is all casless. Multiple rounds loaded
in the same barrel at the same time.
Electric trigger. Almost the full length of
each barrel is full of ammo. The electric trigger
sequentially fires the rounds as you need them.
Bitch to reload though!

I remember seeing this years ago (probably when I was in college) on the show Future Weapons. Interesting concept, but I think if you need that many rounds that quickly to destroy the target then some form of ordinance would probably be more efficient.

What is the capacity of this gun? 1,000,000 per minute but can only hold 180 rounds . . .

The earlier prototypes I saw had multiple bullets in each barrel, with each bullet being fired electronically, one at a time in each barrel. I think it held around 2000 rounds

I think all of our guns in Mass should have a siren go off so everyone knows their about to fire..... Oh, damn... Did I just give them another idea?? :D

I think a siren is just not safe enough. It should be an ear mounted siren on the AG unless of course the incumbent loses Tuesday.

Anti-incoming applications wired to low power radar systems

On vehicles against incoming shaped charge rounds think RPG
Or anti missile defenses think Phalanx

That is pretty much what I was thinking, but it looks like it was a relatively small caliber. "Sea Wizz" is a 20mm projectile that would have little trouble taking out a chopper or incoming missile. And it is basically assumed it will be fired at sea, so rounds that miss will hopefully fall miles and miles out to sea.
This thing looks to be firing 7.62 and aside from, say an RPG, is really only suited for anti personnel. It is not going to penetrate armor.

It would be awesome as a " Oh, shit, they are storming the embassy" deterrent, but I am betting the threat of collateral damage would be prohibitive. It would have been a game changer in Benghazi, but firing 2000 rounds , instantly, into the general direction of a crowd could be tricky. Imagine if one of these was mounted on all four corners of a US embassy.
It would also be a great tool at the border. :eek:
Migrant caravan got you down? A couple of these things every mile would make folks think twice. Of course, folks in Mexico would probably not appreciate a couple thousand rounds being fired into their country. But f*** em.
They could be installed on the new border wall, and activated remotely. Like Trump could be at the WH, having a midnight snack, and decide to see what is going on at the wall.

That is pretty much what I was thinking, but it looks like it was a relatively small caliber. "Sea Wizz" is a 20mm projectile that would have little trouble taking out a chopper or incoming missile. And it is basically assumed it will be fired at sea, so rounds that miss will hopefully fall miles and miles out to sea.
This thing looks to be firing 7.62 and aside from, say an RPG, is really only suited for anti personnel. It is not going to penetrate armor.

It would be awesome as a " Oh, shit, they are storming the embassy" deterrent, but I am betting the threat of collateral damage would be prohibitive. It would have been a game changer in Benghazi, but firing 2000 rounds , instantly, into the general direction of a crowd could be tricky. Imagine if one of these was mounted on all four corners of a US embassy.
It would also be a great tool at the border. :eek:
Migrant caravan got you down? A couple of these things every mile would make folks think twice. Of course, folks in Mexico would probably not appreciate a couple thousand rounds being fired into their country. But f*** em.
They could be installed on the new border wall, and activated remotely. Like Trump could be at the WH, having a midnight snack, and decide to see what is going on at the wall.

USN has already acquired some and has plans for more.

I came here expecting to see a Jerry Miculek video.

No spent casings at all.
This is all casless. Multiple rounds loaded in the same barrel at the same time.
... Almost the full length of each barrel is full of ammo. ...
Bitch to reload though!

rMchd2R.jpg

It would have been a game changer in Benghazi, but firing 2000 rounds , instantly, into the general direction of a crowd could be tricky.
Your definition of "tricky" is apparently different than mine.

Not Mass. legal -
has a muzzle brake.

I came here expecting to see a Jerry Miculek video.

rMchd2R.jpg

Your definition of "tricky" is apparently different than mine.

Not Mass. legal -
has a muzzle brake.
But it's pinned and welded. :D

Back
Top Bottom