• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

09:00 to 10:00 arrival time - OCTOBER 10th, 2009 - Cast Bullets Workshop

Would you want to participate in a FREE cast bullet event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to publicly thank a few people, even before the workshop:
  • Bob_J for being a great guy, and very supportive of this workshop, right from the beginning
  • G3, who was the one who really nudged me to arrange the workshop. I appreciate his assistence with the food!
  • RugerBob, who is totally new here at NES, but went out of his way to offer up some raw materials (linotype and wheel weights) for the workshop. I just got back from meeting him at his work in Biddeford.

I am sure (very sure!) that there will be even more thanks to get passed around after the workshop. I'm actually looking forward to it perhaps even more than most of you are.

For those who weren't able to attend, I am sorry that you will miss it. I am expecting that it will be more than excellent.

The 2009 NES Bullet Casting Workshop was a HUGE success!!!

The weather cooperated, and we did the casting activities, beginning to end, quite successfully, in a reasonable period of time.

We were treated to a wonderful lunch, courtesy of G3!

I will post the pictures that Beantown took, here (actually, I'll create a web gallery of the pictures, and reference them here), and also as part of the final pdf file that we create, to document the bullet casting skills, techniques, and tips. That pdf file will take a while to finalize. I'll rely on Bob_J for both a lot of the content, as well as some edit reviews before we finalize on it.

I'm hoping that we can do this again, perhaps as an annual event. We started about 10AM, and ran right through about 3:30. So, it deserves a full day unto itself. (Rather than trying to fit it in with any other NES event.)

You're all more than welcome to have it here again, or we can do it elsewhere more central to the forum participants.

In any event, I learned some new ideas and had a great time.

It really was a great time but Duke you seriously need to check your watch. My better half is going "what do you mean it finished at 3:30"? I called at 5:15 and you said you were still there???????

Actually G3 and I bailed around 5:30, at least he appeared to be getting ready to bail as I pulled out of the driveway.

Great day, mucho information got transmitted. Bob_J is a seriously knowledgeable guy concerning this stuff (geekdom could seriously be in the picture here[laugh] ).

Great bunch of guys, we should do this again sometime for sure.

BT

You're right about what time you guys left. What I meant was that the workshop part wound down about 3:30. Maybe it was even 4:30. I was quite busy most of the day. I don't think I looked at my watch much.

I just checked the time stamps on the pictures that you took (Thanks again for documenting the day with pictures!), and it says that the first one was taken at 11:56 AM, and the last one was taken at 6:06 PM. I know that you took the first picture well before that time. So, your camera clock is off.

Back
Top Bottom