• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“Unregister” Antique rifle

I'll see if my FFL is willing to take it in and let it die on his books. But yes, the seller refuses a paperless transfer. I can't blame him though as is the basis for my question, I wouldn't want to be the last known buyer if I then sold it to someone else. He didn't know the laws when he bought it initially. Thank you everyone for your input.

Even if it wasn't an antique or whatever, none of this "unrings the bell" or "fixes the error" the other person already made. If they already FA-10ed it theres a trail, and any
anonymity of the gun that was possible has gone straight out the window.

This was my gut reaction on seeing the thread title:

ear rape warning

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djMQPC6NIgk

I passed on it. He thought I was being shady about it by suggesting a bill of sale deal. I suggested my FFL would buy it first with bill of sale and he started preaching straw purchase laws. (I get it) I have enough Karen’s in my life, not worth the headache. There will be other opportunities. Thanks for everyone’s input and glad to see 2 pages of relevance in a thread where good info was shared and some of us learned a thing or two.

Back
Top Bottom