• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

“The Right to Bear Arms” by Stephen Halbrook

MaverickNH

NES Member

“The U.S. Supreme Court has granted certiorari to hear a major case on the right to bear arms, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Corlett. By happy coincidence, the best book on the legal history of the right has just been published: Stephen P. Halbrook, The Right to Bear Arms: A Constitutional Right of the People or a Privilege of the Ruling Class? Post Hill Press, 371 pages, $17.99, paperback.... When the Court examines the Second Amendment right to bear arms later this Fall, the overwhelming evidence of text, history, and tradition marshaled by Stephen Halbrook will be at the heart of the case.”

A paperback book thick enough, at 377 pages, to stop a low-velocity lead 22lr bullet fired from a pistol @ 25yd - but will it stop New York State from usurping the RKBA? Wish it came in a hardcover edition...

BC65A2B2-0E0C-48C1-B4F1-7FC3C46BC124.jpeg

“The U.S. Supreme Court has granted certiorari to hear a major case on the right to bear arms, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Corlett. By happy coincidence, the best book on the legal history of the right has just been published: Stephen P. Halbrook, The Right to Bear Arms: A Constitutional Right of the People or a Privilege of the Ruling Class? Post Hill Press, 371 pages, $17.99, paperback.... When the Court examines the Second Amendment right to bear arms later this Fall, the overwhelming evidence of text, history, and tradition marshaled by Stephen Halbrook will be at the heart of the case.”

A paperback book thick enough, at 377 pages, to stop a low-velocity lead 22lr bullet fired from a pistol @ 25yd - but will it stop New York State from usurping the RKBA? Wish it came in a hardcover edition...

View attachment 478600
With a write up like that, I'm certainly curious. I'll have to put it on my list.

With a write up like that, I'm certainly curious. I'll have to put it on my list.

looks like a retread of an older book he wrote?

Also, if it’s anything like the two books he wrote on Switzerland during WWII you can expect to be repeatedly bludgeoned with the same set of facts. He wasn’t wrong (much), but Jesus lord, was he repetitive. Many trees were needlessly sacrificed.

At 358 pages, only 0.81 inches thick. Will not stop a 5.56x45.

8BCE9250-AE8A-4161-98AD-CCD02F3571A5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom