‘Gun-like hand gesture’ deemed crime by Pennsylvania court

mikeyp

NES Member
Sounds like a 1A case?

‘Gun hand gesture’ deemed crime by Pennsylvania Superior court

MANOR TOWNSHIP, Pa. —

A Lancaster County man who made a “gun-like hand gesture” at his neighbor committed a crime, according to a Pennsylvania Superior Court ruling.

Stephen Kirchner, 64, of Manor Township, was charged last year with summary disorderly conduct for the gesture, according to the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office. The gesture prompted the neighbor to call 911.

“Kirchner argued on appeal that the gesture did not cause a hazardous or physically offensive condition, that he did not intend to cause public alarm, and that there essentially was no harm done to the victim or society,” a statement from the DA’s Office said.

However, the high court found the gesture of imitating the firing and recoiling of a gun “risked an altercation” and supported the charge. The neighbor also reported feeling insecure, which is why the call to 911 was placed.

The DA’s Office said there was an ongoing history of confrontations between Kirchner, the neighbor and a female acquaintance of Kirchner’s who witnessed the gesture. The woman has a “no contact” order against the neighbor.

The DA’s Office also said because of that contentious history, the neighbor had installed six video cameras and the gesture was recorded.

Kirchner was ordered to pay a $100 fine and court costs.

Which is why I usually make the detonator gesture instead. I could be telling the guy to hop on my pole, which is just a come-on, not an assault. ;)

It’s stupid but she has a no contact order on him, this has obviously been going on a while and he was being provocative. Same as if he flipped her the bird. I get the $100 fine.

Judge: you assaulted him

Me: plays shooter mcgavin YouTube clip

Judge: Case dismissed. *whispering 'f***...hes good'

If they ban finger guns, what is the next step?

I know...

Finger stiletto's.

They can be sharp and just as deadly.

Just like when you wag your index finger at somebody.

Well, wagging may be a little less dangerous.

A firm point with a jabbing motion is surely a threat.

I suppose banning "rock, paper, scissors" is next. Paper's not so bad but rock and scissors? That's some scary stuff.

Back
Top Bottom