ZEV spring kit G19, light primer strikes?

GooseManCometh

NES Member
I just installed a ZEV competition spring kit in my G4 G19 and took it to the range today. I am getting light primer strikes at a rate higher than I am comfortable with (1 or 2 out of 50 or so with Aguila 115gr, similar with Fiocchi). I am wondering if I can use the factory spring for the striker and the ZEV trigger and safety spring to try and lighten the trigger a little but stop the light strikes.
Thoughts? Will this even make a difference in trigger pull if I try and mix and match like that?

You can, but factory striker spring will make the trigger heavier than what you have now. The better solution would be to use Federal primers if you want a very light trigger and have it be reliable.

Reduced power springs in glocks are gay unless you're willing to go all fed primers, even then they're still kinda gay.

Put in the Wolf 4.5 striker spring and all should be perfect again. NDZ Performance has them for 8.99 and free shipping.
I use Aguila and Fiocchi a lot (A Case of each in the last few Months) and No issues

Last edited:
^as per above could be partly a primer issue. I've found Aguila primers to be rather hard w some FT-fires even w standard springs.

what strength striker spring are you using? wolff makes various striker springs. i've used the standard 5.5 lb spring which feels great. you could try tweaking by 0.5 lb increments.

personally i don't screw around with glock spring tensions at all, mostly because the trigger can be make incredibly smooth w stock springs and all 3 springs work together (striker, RSA and trigger springs).

- - - Updated - - -

Reduced power springs in glocks are gay unless you're willing to go all fed primers, even then they're still kinda gay.

^this. once I figured out how to do 25c trigger job, I put all factory OEM parts back into the glock and didn't need any further upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

Put in the Wolf 4.5 striker spring and all should be perfect again.

^this would also probably do the trick

I've put the Zevtech trigger bar and spring kit in two Glocks now with NO issues at all. I just picked up a g30 that will be getting the same treatment. I use Tula, Federal, and Winchester primers.

Since it's not that hard to disassemble you could always bring the springs to the range and mix and match and test.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with this?
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/88...-and-w-45-gap-all-generations-stainless-steel

Slightly longer than stock to stop light strikes.

I did get a lone wolf lightweight striker, still had some light strikes. I've got a set of springs now to try and mix and match to get the right combo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes. I have one. It works fine w CCI primers. Or use a heavier striker spring. Or get rid of that sissy Glock and get a nickel plated pistol.

you really find the stock glock striker spring to generate a heavy trigger? for me stock glock parts are maybe a little too light for defensive purposes.

i also don't understand dropping over $80 for a fancy firing pin to put into a pure utility pistol like a glock. a 1911 or Sig i could understand going fancy. i just don't get it on a glock. YMMV.

you really find the stock glock striker spring to generate a heavy trigger? for me stock glock parts are maybe a little too light for defensive purposes.

A little too light? Not sure if serious. Even the Gen3s now typically break over 6 lbs with some of the gen4's going at 7+. My G34 with a 3.5 and a TIN type striker block thingy in it, breaks around 4.8 .

-Mike

If you want a good trigger, ditch that tupperware sissy pistol and get yourself a real man's all-steel 1911.

/sarcasm

i also don't understand dropping over $80 for a fancy firing pin to put into a pure utility pistol like a glock. a 1911 or Sig i could understand going fancy. i just don't get it on a glock. YMMV.
It's not too heavy but it's a competition gun so I am just trying to tweak to get it goldilocks (AKA just right). And plus all the tweaking is part of the fun. But yeah another $80 into this gun is a bit steep for something that I don't know will give me the desired results

I had the same issue with CCI primers (known for being hard) when I put a Vanek trigger in my G34 that I use for USPSA and IDPA. After switching to Federal primers I haven't had any issues and the trigger breaks at just under 3lbs which is not bad for a Glock. A good trigger is a good investment if you plan on using it for competition :)

It's not too heavy but it's a competition gun so I am just trying to tweak to get it goldilocks (AKA just right). And plus all the tweaking is part of the fun. But yeah another $80 into this gun is a bit steep for something that I don't know will give me the desired results

Gotcha didnt realize you're going for competition gun. In that area I have zero expertise.

- - - Updated - - -

A little too light? Not sure if serious. Even the Gen3s now typically break over 6 lbs with some of the gen4's going at 7+. My G34 with a 3.5 and a TIN type striker block thingy in it, breaks around 4.8 .

-Mike

My gen 3 G19 w all stock parts was breaking under 5#. For me felt too light for defensive. i ended up running the NY1 + lone wolf 3.5 connector which gives it a smooth 7# pull sort of revolver-esque.

Back
Top Bottom