Zero bullets

I have not loaded them but they have a very good rep.

Respectfully,
jkelly

30 yrs ago I was using them exclusively for reloading .380, 9mm, .38Spl, and .45ACP.

They were swaged lead bullets (not jacketed/plated) and extremely consistent and well made.

If they are still making bullets with the same sort of QC today, you won't go wrong with them.

Does anyone have any opinion on Zero brand pistol bullets? Are the weights consistent and do they shoot accurately?

My info may be a little outdated, but found (in the past) that consistency and reliability was super. Am speaking of very carefully loaded .38 Spcl. loads used in competition. Used Zero 148 gr. HBWC, and also SWC. Found that my Model 14 loved the bullet. All powder, primers, and Zero lead were all from the same lot (s). Cases were all once-fired factory.

The combo of quality control with Lot numbers along with the Zero lead and my Model 14 resulted in many winning situations. I did ultimately use Zero exclusively.....in bulk and by lot number.

Cannot speak of Zero currently. No longer reload. But, if past usage is a guideline, yes....I would use Zero.

BTW, if you take the Zero HBWC in 38 and load it backwards....it is one hell of a defensive round. Its a "super" hollow point and tumbles using it that way. Short accurate distance....but.......[rofl]

They are used by many of the top competitive shooters. I just read an article which listed all the equipment used at one of the National action pistol matches. Zero's were in the top 3-4 for bullets used by the competitors. Montana Gold & Precision Black Bullets are 2 of the others. I bought 2000 Montana Gold 45 ACP (230 g FMJ) and am going through them now. They are very nice.

IMO you can't go wrong with any of these top bullet makers.

Thanks for the replies! I will not be loading backwards .38's for defense because handloads for defense is a no no but I have heard that in many other places. I am specifically looking at the .40 165 gr JHP because I found them super cheap. In fact they are cheaper then Winchester FMJ!

Zero are EXCEPTIONAL bullets! I use them a lot for competitive shooting in calibers 45, 9, 38SPL, lead and jacketed. You can't go wrong with Zero.

Zero makes great bullets, and their jacket bullets are just that - jacketed, not copper washed or plated. Margaret Stallings runs a great company and are nice people to deal with. They will only sell to dealers or PDs from Zero directly; Rose Distribution is their retail arm selling to consumers. Quantity discounts are modest, and almost not worth the bother - which is probably why you don't see this sort of bulk bullets in stores.

I have been using Precision Delta bullets lately - no better or worse than Zeros, but I know the person who did their on line commerce system (on account of it being me) so I tend to get good service.

Back
Top Bottom