Yugo m76 rifle

20thpzgr

NES Member
Would like to buy a Zastava M76 rifle in 8mm. Is this rifle MA legal ? I cannot locate one locally, so it would have to be shipped FFL to FFL.

As advertised I believe they are AW's by MA law, so "as is" probably a no go to you, BUT I would be real surprised if you couldn't find a border state dealer (or MA dealer) who couldn't neuter one for you...

I was looking at a copy of Century's M-76 Manual, and they refer to the muzzle device as a muzzle brake, but call it a flash hider in their ad. If it is truly a brake, it would still have to be pinned. If it's not a brake, I found a manufacturer who's site claims to do custom brake work, as I've never seen anyone selling 8mm brakes.

There also appears to be a bayonet lug that would have to go - not a big deal either. I'm thinking finding a shop that also does gunsmithing, either in MA or NH would be the way to go. Perhaps Zero Hour or Remsport?

If you do get some more information on this, please post it - I've been thinking about the M-76....I have a lot of 8mm hanging around. [smile]

Last edited:
It would seem the brake / flash hider is welded onto the barrel, so that leaves the bayonet lug, by neutered you mean just grind it off?

You can grind it off, or some shops will weld a lil bit on so it won't accept a bayonet, while maintaining the look.

Also, if it's a flash hider on the end of the barrel, it'd have to be replaced with a non-flash-suppressing muzzle device, which would then have to be permanently affixed.

What would make a Romanian PSL OK but the M76 not so? Both have some form of muzzle device, both seem to have a bayonet, same magazine capacity. As usual MA laws leave me scratching my head!!!!

a PSL has a muzzle brake. Many of the rifles also are lacking the bayonet lug. I know mine is. And the brake is blind pinned on the barrel. Or welded. I'm not really sure now that I think of it.

The only PSLs that I have seen that have had bayonet lugs still on them were kit built rifles.

Back
Top Bottom