Your government hates that it cannot pull the rug on your comms.

They've done it before (cancelled amateur radio comms) during WW1 and WW2. One of the reasons I am thinking twice about putting up a tower...not quite as easy to hide as a couple of wires are. I know that RF signals can be seen and located from space and flying aircraft but...

Are those Meshtastic T-Echo units any good?

I looked into the meshtastic stuff at one point. It's a neat idea but "Long Range" may not mean what you think it means. Longer than BlueTooth. I'm not shitting on it, it's a cool idea.

I looked into the meshtastic stuff at one point. It's a neat idea but "Long Range" may not mean what you think it means. Longer than BlueTooth. I'm not shitting on it, it's a cool idea.
The record node to node is 158 miles. It it 100% elevation and line of site. Some areas are more conducive than others for a network.

Practical use is 1km in suburban type areas. The tradeoff is range vs bandwidth. If you're sending one bit of data really slowly, you get more range.

However, since it's a mesh, you can extend that range by adding more devices. They will continue to work out the best path(s) between themselves and other devices.

I'd love to try something like this:

Back
Top Bottom