You Could Say I Am a Sniper Now ...

The only thing missing here is an additional acronym
What if they made a 6.5 Creedmore Assy improved šŸ¤”

Maybe?

I'm trying here guys but I haven't done this B.S. game since High School and I'm way out of practice.
Maybe I need to get me a .40 first just to set me right.

Guys, the owner manual says I have ro remind you every once in a while I own a 6.5cm and you can't touch it.

This is the reminder.
Im really curious what rifle you actually bought now. I feel like I need another

Joking aside ...

I am not looking at scopes in a certain price range, but came across this video. I thought it was really good, very honest, with a variety of scopes tested.

View: https://youtu.be/qpJ10iKzG30

Broc in all seriousness whatā€™s your budget, intended use, platform and distance of your planned target engagements?

Joking aside ...

I am not looking at scopes in a certain price range, but came across this video. I thought it was really good, very honest, with a variety of scopes tested.

View: https://youtu.be/qpJ10iKzG30

Ive always had good luck with athelon glass
I had a 6.5 grendel build with one of theirs on it easily could stretch to 600 yards

Broc in all seriousness whatā€™s your budget, intended use, platform and distance of your planned target engagements?

intended use:

Hunting - Wyoming - so anywhere from 100 to 400 yards, maybe 500. But I will try to not go past 350-400 unless I am very comfortable reading the wind. I don't have a ton of practice there.

For range fun .. up to 600 yards.

Budget:
- no budget. I want to buy something good, but also don't need a $1,500 scope. I need ot to be light, clear and preferably have an illuminated reticle in MOA.

Platform:
Bolt action.

My eyes are great so I prefer to not use a ton of magnification, I was thinking 4x for the long range, but it might be too much if I engage a target at 100 yards. So maybe a 2x or 3x?

This is the next video that pops up šŸ˜†.

View: https://youtu.be/EB92ACyRGZU

There might be some that hit harder.
Some that are slightly flatter.
Some that are slightly faster.

But what I liked about the 6.5cm is barrel life compared to some of the claimed cartridges to be better, factory ammo is way cheaper, reloading it is also cheaper, there are a lot of rifles available.

I would use a 45/70 and f*ck all the other calibers, but shooting a bullet with the BC of a school bus past 300 yards in a very windy day is very challenging and I don't have the amount of time to properly practice.

I was going to go with 308, but ... decided to try 6.5cm.

intended use:

Hunting - Wyoming - so anywhere from 100 to 400 yards, maybe 500. But I will try to not go past 350-400 unless I am very comfortable reading the wind. I don't have a ton of practice there.

Budget:
- no budget. I want to buy something good, but also don't need a $1,500 scope. I need ot to be light, clear and preferably have an illuminated reticle in MOA.

Platform:
Bolt action.

My eyes are great so I prefer to not use a ton of magnification, I was thinking 4x for the long range, but it might be too much if I engage a target at 100 yards. So maybe a 2x or 3x?
Id say something in the like 3-15 range.

This is 25x at 700 yards, orange target is a 66% ISPC

20220730_120928.jpg

Remember you can always dial down in magnification but you can't dial beyond your max magnification , even though you think 400 yds will be max , if you want to reach 1K+ (which is when the 6.5's really show their strength) you should be up around 30X . For known distance target score ring only , I favor a simple crosshair reticle. For the value I like the Sightrons.

intended use:

Budget:

Platform:
Bolt action.

All my long gunsā€¦. 100 yards. Thatā€™s all. After reading this thread I now need to join the .40 and 6.5 club. Those will have to be my next purchases.

Back
Top Bottom