YHM Phantom

Anyone else have this break and is having a hell of a time getting it on/off your barrel? Is it really that tight or did I manage to cross thread it?

If not pinned may be locktigted. Heat it up with a small torch if smoke come out of the joint that is likely the issue just heat a bit till the smoke slows and then remove while hot.

I just picked up a 14.5" barrel and I also have the phantom muzzle brake.
I don't have a torque wrench to take put it on the barrel and measure but will it make a 14.5" barrel have an OAL of 16"?

Last edited:
I just picked up a 14.5" barrel and I also have the phantom muzzle brake.
I don't have a torque wrench to take put it on the barrel and measure but will it make a 15.5" barrel have an OAL of 16"?

I THINK you are asking if the OAL of the barrel has to be 16" YES it does. However to meet this for a 14.5 barrel the brake has to be PERMANENTLY attached AS PER BATF RULES and when installed must be 16" min OAL for the BARREL alone..

yes thanks for that info, i think my post was worded strangely.
What I'm looking to figure out is if this brake will make a 14.5" barrel have an OAL of 16" to meet BATF rules.

Thanks man!

I have the .308 version of it on mine and it's almost 3" long

yes thanks for that info, i think my post was worded strangely.
What I'm looking to figure out is if this brake will make a 14.5" barrel have an OAL of 16" to meet BATF rules.

Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom