Yet another storage question

namedpipes

NES Member
So, in cleaning things up today and rotating the "stock" in the safe, it occurred to me to wonder about the several pistols in display cases.

I have a few "commemorative" revolvers that are in boxes ranging from plain to nice, and the boxes are in the safe. Most of the boxes are lined with some kind of silky cloth.

From the point of view of "best for the gun", would I be better off storing these in the cases or out of the cases (obviously still in the safe).

Not an expert by any means but I don't think the silky absorbent materials are good for keeping them dry. OK, I'll stick to plumbing.[wink]

So, in cleaning things up today and rotating the "stock" in the safe, it occurred to me to wonder about the several pistols in display cases.

I have a few "commemorative" revolvers that are in boxes ranging from plain to nice, and the boxes are in the safe. Most of the boxes are lined with some kind of silky cloth.

From the point of view of "best for the gun", would I be better off storing these in the cases or out of the cases (obviously still in the safe).

Out of the cases. Try these:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=742610

They make them in various sizes. I have had great luck with them keeping my stuff squared away.

I agree with the "Patriot" almost all of my handguns are stored in a BoreStore and locked in my safe. These are an excellent product. The padding is so thick that if you bump the side of the safe or bump into another gun nothing happens. I have a couple of high polished blue guns that I wouldn't protect in anything other than a BoreStore. For SS guns you probably wouldn't need this much protection and a simple gunsock would be more than enough if you so wished.
HTH
John

Back
Top Bottom