Yeah.....SIG P250 is here

Something else to save up for [crying]

Sorry about the format of the post. Stupid corporate internet policy at work has blocked the Sig website [frown]

sig-sauer.jpg

.... Stupid corporate internet policy at work has blocked the Sig website [frown]
Spec sheet off of Sig's site:

P250
The P250, a modular pistol that allows the shooter to change caliber and size at will.... The SIG SAUER P250 was designed specifically to address the future needs of the military, law enforcement, and civilian shooters around the world. The P250 will be available in the most popular calibers;(9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W and .45ACP). The P250's innovative design enables the shooter to quickly remove the functional mechanism and place it into the polymer grip of his choice. This allows an immediate change in caliber and size;(subcompact, compact and full). And after any change the pistol delivers both outstanding accuracy and reliable functionality. It's modularity not only provides incredible ease of maintenance, but also provides a solution for accommodating different hand sizes - there are 6 different ergonomic combinations for each size, accomplished by changes in grip circumference and trigger style. Now you can own the world's only modular shooting system globally engineered to deliver the "to hell and back" reliability you've come to expect from Sig Sauer.

Specification Value Accessories

Caliber 9mm
Trigger Pull DAO 5.5 - 6.5 lbs
Overall Length 7.20"
Overall Height w/ Mag 5.12"
Overall Width 1.3" (Std. Grip)
Sight Radius 5.79"
Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
Weight w/ Mag 24.60oz
Magazine Capacity 9mm 16 Rounds
Grips Interchangeable Polymer
Finish Nitron®
MSRP $699.00
CA Compliant No
MA Compliant No

P250

WOW!
I`m impressed. Now we have to wait and see how long it will take to get approved in the Peoples Republic of Ma**h***s.
I just bought an M&P. I guess I better start saving.

I have yet to add a Sig to my collection but if this becomes MA compliant I may have to look into it further.

All they'd have to do is meet the trigger pull requirement and I bet it'd make it.

Yeah... and then we'd end up with a 10lb POS!

But... I'm sure our fine AG's wonderful regulations have saved thousands of lives so I'm ok with that. [angry]

I got to see this gun last week when I was up at SigSauer. I got to play with it and dry fired it several times, but didn't have the opportunity to take it to the range. This gun is really impressive.

The trigger pull is kind of on the long side I thought, but incredibly smooth and consistent. the modularity and adaptability of the gun (fully ambidextrous) is just cool. LE is clearly the primary target market. The comments Sig made lead me to believe that they have every intention of making it MA compliant.

They also claim that it is far more accurate than you might expect. This is a cool gun.

See, with the modularity, I doubt it would be too much of a hassle to buy it, then get a quick trigger job to lighten the trigger up to free world standard. [wink]

Plus, the idea of being able to run a single gun with several calibers in several frame sizes is just too good to pass up when combined with Sig's reliability.

Oh yeah... and people wonder why I like Sig so much. Only question is why DAO?

It's not really DAO as much as it is "Light/assisted DAO". (Conventional DAO
systems always result in like 10+ lb pull weights... )

Main reason is because SigSauer is a big time LE seller, and simple
guns with one trigger system are basically becoming the norm in
law enforcement. Conventional DA/SA, and even any gun with
a safety on it is generally becoming the exception rather than the
rule.

The only thing I don't like about the DAK trigger currently is that
IMO, it's inferior to HK's LEM system... but they probably couldn't
copy LEM due to infringement/patent issues. The LEM system is
nice because the shooter is offered the choice of a shorter reset
on followup shots or a long one, both at the same poundage. On
the DAK if you short stroke it, you can still fire a shot but you get
a heavier peak pull than you would if you had let it reset further.
I'm not sure how the P250s system is set up, I presume its similar
to the existing DAK setup.... but I could be wrong.

-Mike

All they'd have to do is meet the trigger pull requirement and I bet it'd make it.

It might not have a ma**h*** though either, so they'd have to
make a run of special barrels, etc... bleah.

I'm not that optimistic. If anything judging by how long it
took Sig to get the ill-fated mosquito to market (over a year from
when it was available initially everywhere else, which was basically
"MA compliant" as designed) I'm not holding my hopes up for the
P250, at least not in terms of it appearing on the "front retail end"
of the MA gun market.

-Mike

FWIW, I just discovered that the P250 does not have a DAK
type trigger... it has its own light DAO type trigger, but it does NOT
have the DAK "8 lb panic reset" on it.

-Mike

I'm a Sig guy through and through but lets hope it doesn't have the "growing pains" that the GSR, Mosquito, and 556 had. The only benefit of having to wait for a MA compliant versions is that the rest of the free states get to shake them out first. It doesn't exactly scream "Gotta Get One!!!" to me but we'll see.

WOW!
I`m impressed. Now we have to wait and see how long it will take to get approved in the Peoples Republic of Ma**h***s.
I just bought an M&P. I guess I better start saving.

By the time that gets approved in MA you will have saved enough to buy the company[rolleyes]

Last edited:
Assume that this does become MA compliant. If I buy a full size and I want to go to a sub compact, I can just transfer a subcompact frame to an FFL and use the rest of my parts on that subcompact frame?

Assume that this does become MA compliant. If I buy a full size and I want to go to a sub compact, I can just transfer a subcompact frame to an FFL and use the rest of my parts on that subcompact frame?

The grip frames on the P250 are not firearms by federal law- the
INTERNAL frame is- the thing that holds the hammer, etc, together.

So theoretically, you could just have someone send you a grip frame
in the mail. It's legally nothing more than "gun parts".

-Mike

The grip frames on the P250 are not firearms by federal law- the
INTERNAL frame is- the thing that holds the hammer, etc, together.

So theoretically, you could just have someone send you a grip frame
in the mail. It's legally nothing more than "gun parts".

-Mike

So the "fire control unit" as Sig calls it is "the gun"?

So the "fire control unit" as Sig calls it is "the gun"?

Yup. Basically when they develop the thing I think they ask BATFE "what is the frame" and then BATFE tells them what the controlled part is... usually its the thing with the most functional stuff in it to make the gun fire, but it varies.

An analogue here is the Walther P22.... IIRC these guns have a subframe of sorts. The plastic thing that makes up the
exterior, itself, is not the firearm, but the thing that sits inside all of that, is.

For instance, oddly enough, on the Sig 550 series semiautomatic rifles (the few that were imported into the US) the "upper" is actually the controlled part instead of the lower.

-Mike

Last edited:
I'm pretty skeptical about this gun... I think it has the potential to be a piece of junk. A gun like this isn't likely to have the nice fit a dedicated caliber type does.

Back
Top Bottom