• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yeah Baby, the pumpkin shoot was awsome

If you are not green yet, you missed a great event. The pumpkin shoot was a blast, I enjoyed meeting up with all you guys (and girls). As usual, Eddie Coyle and crew did a great job organizing and running it, thanks again Jim.

This event was extremely well run. As a new member the last couple of months, this single event was worth the membership fee you pay on this forum. Fantastic exposure to safe and knowlegeable people, and just about any firearm you might have an interest is seeing. Watching EC "finish" off the pumpkins with his 500 in "heat 2" was just a bonus :)

Pictures, pictures, I need to see pictures! I'm stuck in upstate NY with my family. I so much wanted to go. I've been busy putting lawnmowers away, getting snowblowers out and making room in the garage for cars. All this after spending a day or two getting my step-fathers Mac back to life (total hard drive failure). I need to shoot something, or at least see pictures of others shooting things!

I just got back... it was fun! My new Beretta CX4 Storm that I got on the classifieds here for a terrific deal is brutal to any enemy produce... one hit (which is easy to make... its really accurate), then splat! and pieces go everywhere leaving nothing behind. But still nowhere near as brutal as EC's .500 caliber revolvers... wow, that thing actually makes a shock wave. I am in awe.

I stopped in for a few minutes. I was treated to quite a sound, then the visage of the range, turned orange with the blood of pumpkins. Quite a sight!

I didn't shoot but my pup Lucy annoyed everyone with her first shoot [smile]
Good to meet people at last. SPG

It was definitely a great time! Always good to meet new people and catch up with some old friends. Jim did a great job setting everything up, that is for sure!

Troy, I brought the .50 BMG ammo for you but I never got over to rifle range until noon and you were "poof". PM you address and I will mail it if you want.

Troy, I brought the .50 BMG ammo for you but I never got over to rifle range until noon and you were "poof". PM you address and I will mail it if you want.

I must of just missed you as noon was around the time I went and hung around the pistol range. Go figure [laugh] PM coming. Thanks again!

I was at the shoot today(a good buddy is green and I went with him), I'm 100% a noob to the gun world.

I'm currently in the process of applying for a LTC-A, I have my required safety class on 12/6 at the ayer sportsman club. Buy anyways, i have to comment on the event.

WOW pretty much sums it up.

New to guns, I would say safety was initially a concern. I realized very quickly that there was no need to even think about safety. The atmosphere reminded me of a family gathering and felt at home minus the booze lol.

Everyone was extremely friendly, talked to a few folks that had firearms that I am currently interested in purchasing providing the LTC-A goes well. Everyone was great, I was also just amazed that withing at least within the first 30 seconds of conversation they asked "you wanna shoot/fire it?" Just an awesome group of folks.

The event was just overall great in my opinion very much looking forward to participating in the next one. Thanks to all!!

My buddy and I had a great time. Definitely going to make any future NES shoots I can get to. Had an awesome time watching and seeing some absolutely gorgeous guns (man that AUG was pretty). We both got to shoot thanks to some really nice folks - anyone who gave us a run: THANK YOU! Hopefully I'll have my own piece soon enough so I can give back a little.

My buddy and I had a great time. Definitely going to make any future NES shoots I can get to. Had an awesome time watching and seeing some absolutely gorgeous guns (man that AUG was pretty). We both got to shoot thanks to some really nice folks - anyone who gave us a run: THANK YOU! Hopefully I'll have my own piece soon enough so I can give back a little.
I missed an AUG? [crying]

Well, that's as good an excuse as any to go to more of these. [smile]

No problem! thats what these shoots are for. Hopefully that M44 didn't hurt too bad.

Everyone was extremely friendly, talked to a few folks that had firearms that I am currently interested in purchasing providing the LTC-A goes well. Everyone was great, I was also just amazed that withing at least within the first 30 seconds of conversation they asked "you wanna shoot/fire it?" Just an awesome group of folks.

You're going to find that this is the norm at a NES shoot. [grin]

I was at the shoot today(a good buddy is green and I went with him), I'm 100% a noob to the gun world.

I'm currently in the process of applying for a LTC-A, I have my required safety class on 12/6 at the ayer sportsman club. Buy anyways, i have to comment on the event.

WOW pretty much sums it up.

New to guns, I would say safety was initially a concern. I realized very quickly that there was no need to even think about safety. The atmosphere reminded me of a family gathering and felt at home minus the booze lol.

The event was just overall great in my opinion very much looking forward to participating in the next one. Thanks to all!!

Did you ask me about my AR??? I thought about it later and felt bad I did not let you give it a spin....I got out for a quick shoot, then had to return to the club house...If it was you..next shoot I owe you a mag...just remind me..........

Back
Top Bottom