• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WW2 Bringbacks in New England

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
when I was born in 55 we were in germany and my father picked up a german 4mm parlor rifle that looks like a k98 only there is 16 inches of fake barrel. sweet little weapon

Very likely.

Everything was surrendered. Everything. Including warehouses full of uniforms. Supply depots. Factories.

Everything was available for a couple packs of cigarettes. And our GIs were sitting around bored waiting for a ship.
If the US military was run by decent brass, they’d collect all the surplus weapons from our current wars, pile them near where soldiers were coming home to the US, and tell them to help themselves.

Consider it a small token of our appreciation for service.

I was surprised to see one in a local store. It's obviously a civilian version (the place charges a**-rape prices, and this one is only $799). What surprises me is that I thought all the civilian ones were marked P-1, not P-38.
I only grab the ww2 models. They don't come up often but they are dead sexy

If you're looking at P38s you should disassemble and make sure the numbers and markings are correct. There were tons of parts at the end of the war and a lot of P38s were assembled from parts and the numbers, markings don't match. This reduces the desirability and value by a good amount. You also need to look up who actually made the P38 and when. Certain manufactures and dates carry higher values.

Attachments

• P38Chart.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 1
  • P38ProductionDates.pdf
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
AP and HP, predecessors of the P.38 carry even higher values. Havent' got my paws on one of those, yet.
However, 3 Walther Zella-Mehlis, 3 cyq Spreewerk and 2 Mauser (byf 44, SVW 45) reside here, besides some post-WWII examples.

Back
Top Bottom