• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WSPR on 6m

MaverickNH

NES Member
So I put up a BuddiPole 3 element 6m Yagi in my backyard woods here in Bedford, NH and used a propagation predictor to see the best bearing was South from my QTH.

I was able to bring in a 6m beacon strong at 50065.50 so thought South was a good bearing. I looked on WSPRnet and saw a few users South of me and pinged a user who setup in 6m WSPR on a dipole at 1W. I ran 5W on my FT-897D and we had numerous contacts over the evening and night between -8dB and -20dB at 95km.

Pretty fun!

So I put up a BuddiPole 3 element 6m Yagi in my backyard woods here in Bedford, NH and used a propagation predictor to see the best bearing was South from my QTH.

I was able to bring in a 6m beacon strong at 50065.50 so thought South was a good bearing. I looked on WSPRnet and saw a few users South of me and pinged a user who setup in 6m WSPR on a dipole at 1W. I ran 5W on my FT-897D and we had numerous contacts over the evening and night between -8dB and -20dB at 95km.

Pretty fun!

Awesome!

I have 5w of 6m capability, I may have give this a shot when I get home.

Pretty fun!

What propagation tool did you use?

I was playing around with 6m this weekend. Was trying to see what 6m repeaters I could hit. The only one that I could seem to get was the Fitchburg repeater. The MMRA 6m box in Marlboro didn't seem to answer.

If anyone wants to play with 6m, let me know. I'd be happy to see what kind of coverage we can get.

Back
Top Bottom