• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WSA 1800 Bullseye Match

bsimardjr

NES Member
I am running an 1800 Bullseye match on Sunday May 17th at the Woburn Sportsman's Association. I have openings on the 2:00 PM relay and may have 1 or 2 on the 10:00 AM relay. PM me for any information if you are interestead.

Bob Simard Jr.

(for someone not familiar with 1800 Bullseye?)

what's the course of fire, and what's required as far as equipment?

Jasper

Jasper, Come'on Brother. I love you ..BUT.. Do a little research? An Internet Search is your friend. Examples: Bullseye Pistol, 900,1800,2700, Hardball Gun, Leg match, slow/rapid/timed, B-2/3/6/8 Targets, Camp Perry, National Matches..etc No Hate intended, just get your search on!!

Last edited:
Jasper
An 1800 bullseye match is shot at 25 yards and consists of multiple individual matches. There is a slow fire match shot on B-16 targets that are stationary. You shoot two targets ten shots each in ten minutes in two separate stages.

Then you shoot the National Match Course which consists of another slow fire target, then a timed fire target B-8 shot in two stages of five shots in twenty seconds for a total of ten shots. This is followed by a rapid fire stage also shot on a B-8 target. This is also shot in two stages of five shots but now it's ten seconds for a total of ten shots. The timed & rapid fire stages are shot at turning targets.

Then is the timed fire match which consists of two more B-8 targets shot again five shots in twenty seconds twice for ten shots on each target.

Then is the rapid fire match which consists of two more B-8 targets shot again five shots in ten seconds twice for ten shots on each target.

The total number of shots is ninety.

An 1800 match is first shot with a .22 pistol. Then you shoot the full ninety shots again with any centerfire pistol. For a total of 180 shots.

Bob

cool, thats the specifics i was looking for (i dont own a .22lr target pistol, nor do i have an intentions of getting one. i do, however, like the idea of shooting bullseye with my 6" 686)

Ok, I did this 1800 match and got my clock cleaned. [wink]

Not bad if you consider 16th place out of 19 shooters. Truth is, I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. A lot of fun, nice people, and lots of great shooters who were willing to help me out in my first NRA match.

Thanks bsimardjr for running this.

Back
Top Bottom