• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WPRC October Steel Challenge Match 10/5/2014

Good morning shooters,

WPRC is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the October Steel Challenge Match at WPRC. The match will be limited to 60 shooters and staff, you must pre-register.

We are looking for volunteers to help with setup, tear down, RO'ing the match and scorekeepers that are familiar with Practiscore on the Nook's. If you would like to help please contact me at [email protected]

Date: October 5, 2014
In-Person Registration Starts: 11:00am
Shooters Meeting and Registration Closes: 11:45am
Shooting Begins: 12:00pm
WPRC Members: $10.00
Non-WPRC Members: $15.00

Registration can be found at our website:
http://www.wprc-steel.com

I'll be there and can help RO and/or run the Nook. I'll need the match after older daughter's wedding last Saturday -- my eyes are still slanted!

TTFN,
"Pont Blank" Frank
:cool:

Hey FancyGunz,

Steel Challenge is probably the most "newbie-friendly" way to get into competition shooting. If you're going to shoot a centerfire pistol, you'll need a holster (or you can take the penalty for starting from "low ready" -- no biggie). If you're shooting a rimfire rifle or pistol, you'll start from "low ready" with no penalty. Three mags is good, five is better. You should bring 150-200 rounds of ammo (you'll go home with a bunch) and a good attitude about safety. Just let your Range Officer know that this is your first time, and we'll walk you thru the basics.

See you there,
"Point Blank" Frank

Hey FancyGunz,

Steel Challenge is probably the most "newbie-friendly" way to get into competition shooting. If you're going to shoot a centerfire pistol, you'll need a holster (or you can take the penalty for starting from "low ready" -- no biggie). If you're shooting a rimfire rifle or pistol, you'll start from "low ready" with no penalty. Three mags is good, five is better. You should bring 150-200 rounds of ammo (you'll go home with a bunch) and a good attitude about safety. Just let your Range Officer know that this is your first time, and we'll walk you thru the basics.

See you there,
"Point Blank" Frank

You'll need to be prepared to come to the line with enough magazines to shoot 5 strings. That's at least 5 shots per string, plus any misses, so basically assume you'll need up to 10 shots. For rimfire, that's more than enough; for centerfire, it may not be. And we'd rather you not take time to reload magazines while you're on the line because it slows everything down.

Hey Don,

You're such a "buzzkill!" [rofl]

Don't let the lack of magazines keep you from shooting tomorrow -- we'll find some "range monkeys" to help you reload (because we're like that). And you don't need mag holders -- we'll have plenty of time for you switch out for newly full mags from the table/bench/drum. [smile]

TTFN,
F.

We would like to thank all of the competitors that shot the WPRC Steel Challenge Matches this year. We had fantastic turnout this year and it was great seeing new shooters, families and new/old friends at the matches. We would like to thank all of the volunteers that helped with RO’ing, scorekeeping, setup and tear down at the matches. Without your help the Steel Challenge program would not have been successful as it was.

We would also like to extend a special thanks to Palomar Printing and the Gun Parlor for their support this year, please support these businesses when considering your next purchases or service needs.

As it was announced today, the 2014 season has come to an end. We will start back up in May 2015 and we look forward to see all our new friends next year.

Todays scores can be found at: http://www.wprc-steel.com

She is so happy tonight, Scooter you have been just out of reach for a long time. What a great club and match, thanks for having us and see you next year.

Hey scooter,

Cleo was on fire today. Must have been the inspiration of your pep talk before the match . . . . . . . [wink]

And it was a beautiful day in the sunny climes of the beautiful Worcester countryside, no?

Many thanks Michael F. for putting up with us for the year -- we'll definitely be back for another try next season. Maybe we can landscape the target areas more, eh?

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank (another loser to Cleo's runs)

Hey scooter,

Cleo was on fire today. Must have been the inspiration of your pep talk before the match . . . . . . . [wink]

And it was a beautiful day in the sunny climes of the beautiful Worcester countryside, no?

Many thanks Michael F. for putting up with us for the year -- we'll definitely be back for another try next season. Maybe we can landscape the target areas more, eh?

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank (another loser to Cleo's runs)

Frank,
Yup I tried going through my Rolodex of excuses for losing but just came to the conclusion she just beat me , it's that simple. I guess I'm another victim of road debris on her road to a world championship .

Scooter

Back
Top Bottom