Work Policy

Can a work policy be fought about not allowing firearms or any weapons on the property? It is private property in the New Bedford Industrial Park. I work 2nd shift and never leave earlier than 9pm. I also live in New Bedford. I have to park on the street so sometimes its a walk to my apartment. I'm a union warehouseman and drive a forklift. I dont expect or want to drive my lift with pistol on hip. But lets say I lock it in the trunk and holster it at the end of my shift for the drive home and the walk to the apartment. Or even just have it in there to go to the range ( I can shoot up till 10 pm ). I can just do it and not say anything but if some how the wrong person finds out then I could lose my job for breaking the policy. Could this policy be considered unconstitutional or is it ok because it is there property?

They can prevent you from carrying on your person for sure while at work. It's their property, their rules. What might be fightable is any restrictions on what's in your car

You can keep a secure container inside the passenger compartment and lock an unloaded firearm inside it while you are inside at work.

If it were me, I would have the container bolted to the floor or chained to the seat posts. Cover the container with a towel or newspaper so passersby don't get curious. Install a kill switch to prevent some scum bag from driving away with it.

Once you get out of the parking lot, have some spots where you can load and holster safely and discreetly.

Don't tell a soul. No one. How would anybody find out? Very cloak and dagger.

Back
Top Bottom