Worcester IDPA -- Feb 13th (John Kelly Memorial Match)

No Dave can't make it, but I'll find another SSP MA for you to play with. They're stacked up like cordwood around here. No worries.

Craig

LOL! I'm competing in ESP... I was just looking for more good company. I can only compete at the level I've trained to... I have no control over the other shooters. Besides I've heard you guys don't count cords the way we do out here. ;)

Bump and bring your appetite to this match as well. I just went food shopping. Sausage, pepper and onion sandwiches all around, I like to do it up right.[wink]

Great match (as usual). Huge turnout. Thanks to the WPRC IDPA crew and the match director Mike-Mike. The sausage & peppers were great. Pictures will be up later.

BTW: If anyone finds a navy blue fleece lined jacket it's mine. I think I left it in Pit 1.

Last edited:
Great match (as usual). Huge turnout. Thanks to the WPRC IDPA crew and the match director Mike-Mike. The sausage & peppers were great. Pictures will be up later.

BTW: If anyone finds a navy blue fleece lined jacket it's mine. I think I left it in Pit 1.

We have the jacket! I will find out who has it, I might be in the IDPA trailer.

Link To Album of Pictures

Some pics from Squad #3 (and some of #2)

Our Match Director Mike-Mike
dscf3836.jpg

Sorry Hanwei, I couldn't help from posting this one, De made me do it [wink]
dscf3780.jpg

Fun with a pickup shotgun
dscf3908.jpg

Me photographing Hanwei videoing De.
dscf3712.jpg

Negotiator who started us off with some very nice words in memory of John.
dscf3721.jpg

De with the double tap
dscf3744.jpg

dscf3769.jpg

Magnum Bob
dscf3795.jpg

Jar
dscf3808.jpg

WeedWhacker shooting from low cover
dscf3861.jpg

Craig showing everyone how to get it done with a revolver
dscf3924.jpg

Last edited:
Great time everyone. Mike- nice work and great sausages. Steve- that was a nice touch before the match kicked off- John was smiling down at us from upstairs I'm sure.

I shot so bad today that I'm selling all my guns and joining the Brady Campaign.

I want to say thanks to WPRC for hosting yet another FIRST RATE match. Thanks to Mike and his Wife for the outstanding lunch and professionally run match. The tribute to John was very moving and I know he will be missed by us all. Today's turnout truly showed how much he means to this communtiy.

Thanks to all who put this together. Had a great time, this was my first match with a pickup gun, it truly made my day!!! Well the sausages were gosh darn good as well!! Looking forward to attending more match's at WPR. I did not know John as well as some, however the words before the match spoke volumes.

Great match today. Thanks to all that helped and everyone who came out to shoot. Results are out. If you're not on the yahoo group yet, PM me an email address and I'll forward them to you.

Congrats to:
SSP - Greg Gosselin
ESP - Dave Solimini
CDP - Matthew Nash
SSR - Craig Buckland
ESR - Bill Thorpe

The Zoo Crew had a great time, what a squad the Crew with some Metro West on the side it was a good time, just the way I like it.
Good people those Metro West guy's
That one was for you Mr. Kelly
John

This was a very well run match that had special meaning, and it was nice to see familiar faces. I had a great time shooting in Squad #6 with a great bunch of guys. Thank you for the sausage and peppers sandwich- it was great. If Worcester's matches were on Sundays, I'd be at every one of them.

Back
Top Bottom