Worcester IDPA 11 July 09

Big thanks to all the SO's today that made this a great match. Negotiator, Glocky, Jkelly, Will, Chopper, dave and Robert. Nice shooting!

We also passed the hat for GOAL and made $225 to help the fight the fight for us.

If you didn't make this match, try and make the next one.

--Mike
Nice match Mike, except that... ahhh never mind, it was a pleasure to help.[grin]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Thanks to the match director Mike-Mike and all the SO's. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to see everyone's generosity when the hat was passed for GOAL. I need to work on alternate techniques for my flashlight, especially when the match director is a southpaw [wink]. I kept illuminating the barricade when shooting from the left. I was hoping my wife would make it today. Unfortunately she had to back out: a funeral for a former co-worker/friend in NY [sad2]. Hopefully I can drag her along next month.

Big thanks to all the SO's today that made this a great match. Negotiator, Glocky, Jkelly, Will, Chopper, dave and Robert. Nice shooting!

We also passed the hat for GOAL and made $225 to help the fight the fight for us.

If you didn't make this match, try and make the next one.

--Mike

thanks for organizing and hosting, thanks to the SOs and their volunteering, i hope to be back and the next shoot minus poison ivy!
[smile]

The Mugs from Today's Match

PS The GOAL Staff appreciates your generosity!

DSC05652.jpg

DSC05653.jpg

DSC05656.jpg

DSC05657.jpg

DSC05658.jpg

DSC05660.jpg

DSC05662.jpg

DSC05663.jpg

DSC05667.jpg

DSC05669.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

DSC05672.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

DSC05674.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

DSC05679.jpg

DSC05681.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Jon, very nice!

Respectfully,
jkelly

Last edited:
Great match... Thanks Mike-Mike and the SOs.

Mike... I can't believe it but I'm buying you a cigar. You're that much faster that even tho you doubled my penalty time and shot more points down you still beat me. [grin] Well played!

I thought you were allowed 2 mags on your belt.

Great pictures, thanks for posting them Jon!

Awesome pics! Glad the weather is finally decent.

Yes Mike, you are only allowed two mags on your belt. However at club matches no one is going to ding you on it... unless you make a mistake and pull a mag out of the "extra" pouches.

Here is the rule, page 39:
"4. The shooter may carry no more than two spare magazines on
the belt."

I've learned the hard way... if you don't need it or can't have it... keep it in the bag! I had an embarassing experience at one match when I went to draw... my flashlight... and tried to insert it into my gun... [rolleyes]

Great match... Thanks Mike-Mike and the SOs.

Mike... I can't believe it but I'm buying you a cigar. You're that much faster that even tho you doubled my penalty time and shot more points down you still beat me. [grin] Well played!

I'll take a La Gloria Cubana Series R in Natural please!

I thought you were allowed 2 mags on your belt.

This is a pic of my back, showing off the NES bike shirt from the group buy.

You are allowed only 2 on your belt. With the two on my back, one is used in the gun before starting a stage and the other is moved to a pocket. I found it easier to keep the "spares" there for club-level competition.

For regional or national competition, you would never be allowed to keep more than 2 mags on the belt.

Regards,

Bob

Great time all around. Well run, fun time, friendly group from the organizers and SO's right through the ranks of the competitors. Had a chance to meet and talk to some guys I'd only "seen" here on the forum, which always a bonus.

I was a little surprised at some of the gaming I saw. Always a head scratcher to me. It never seems to be the truly good shooters who are doing it. Maybe I need to start gaming myself then. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom