• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester IDPA 11 July 09

Looking forward to it. I think I've convinced the Mrs. to come along and shoot as well! Hopefully she won't change her mind between now and Saturday.

I think you mean looking forward to beating me again.[wink]
See you then Steve.

Respectfully,
jkelly

JK- you need a more positive "can do" attitude! I've seen you shoot and you are more than capable of competing at higher level. You know this sport is a equally about the mental aspect and negative talk should not be part of your repertoire!

JK- you need a more positive "can do" attitude! I've seen you shoot and you are more than capable of competing at higher level. You know this sport is a equally about the mental aspect and negative talk should not be part of your repertoire!
I’ve always thought that being humble gave one an advantage, although that’s not likely to work with Steve. I'm pretty confident about my abilities, but I know and understand my limitations and often use my own stated slights as a focus device.

Will I try to beat Steve at WPRC, sure I will.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

I’ve always thought that being humble gave one an advantage, although that’s not likely to work with Steve. I'm pretty confident about my abilities, but I know and understand my limitations and often use my own stated slights as a focus device.

Will I try to beat Steve at WPRC, sure I will.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

It's ok to be humble... but not by letting the competition believe you are a long shot! Now say to yourself 100 times- "I will beat Steve, I will have a great match, I will shoot everything clean and fast!"

Unfortunately he will be doing the same! [laugh] You guys are both great shooters- with strengths and weaknesses like others...

It's ok to be humble... but not by letting the competition believe you are a long shot!
I disagree, an opponent’s over confidence can be a tremendous advantage to the slighted.[grin]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Unfortunately I'll be missing this one for a friend's bachelor party. Hopefully this is the match that Mike decides to wear his speedo since I won't be there to see it.

It's ok to be humble... but not by letting the competition believe you are a long shot! Now say to yourself 100 times- "I will beat Steve, I will have a great match, I will shoot everything clean and fast!"

Unfortunately he will be doing the same! [laugh] You guys are both great shooters- with strengths and weaknesses like others...

You guys are great! I don't need to try and get into your heads, you do it for me!! [grin]

Unfortunately I'll be missing this one for a friend's bachelor party. Hopefully this is the match that Mike decides to wear his speedo since I won't be there to see it.
Jar,
Bring your friend and the hookers.[smile]

Respectfully,
jkelly

For a change, I'm free and planning on attending! It'll be good to see my friends at WPRC after a long hiatus.

I might just show up at the strip club with my speedo on backwards, I like the little string in the front. [wink]

Jar,
Bring your friend and the hookers.[smile]
Respectfully,
jkelly

Whoa, if I'd a known there were hookers I might have tried IDPA a long time ago...

So that's the real difference between IDPA and USPSA.

Well it's not that much if you are at least familiar with both... hmmm. The biggest gotchas are:

In IDPA you can't drop mags that have any rounds left in them.
In IDPA you usually have to fire/reload from "cover" when it's available- this means 100% of lower body and 50%+ of upper body have to be behind cover while engaging targets... which leads to...
In IDPA you need to engage targets in tactical priority. That means "slicing the pie" from cover or close to far in the open.... and another USPSA shooter's favorite...
Most stages require concealment garment.

Just show up, tell some of the regulars you are new and it will be easy. It's all good shooting fun!

Scoring is also different but it's very easy. Check the rule book for more info at:
http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

I would love to attend the event this weekend but havent been able to find any ammo around me. Does anyone have a couple boxes of .45's they would sell or know any place on the south shore that has some?
Thanks,
Glockshooter

I would love to attend the event this weekend but havent been able to find any ammo around me. Does anyone have a couple boxes of .45's they would sell or know any place on the south shore that has some?
Thanks,
Glockshooter

I have some .45 ammo I can spare. I'd hate for you to not shoot as you can't find ammo. PM me if you are interested.

I might have some .45 ACP as well.... ahhh what Division did you say you were shooting?[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Big thanks to all the SO's today that made this a great match. Negotiator, Glocky, Jkelly, Will, Chopper, dave and Robert. Nice shooting!

We also passed the hat for GOAL and made $225 to help the fight the fight for us.

If you didn't make this match, try and make the next one.

--Mike

Back
Top Bottom