Worcester Area Clubs (srgclub - wprclub)

Hey All,

Long time lurker of NES. Just today went green and joined GOAL.
Just had to due my part with all that is happening these days...

I am a 27 year old medical student living in Westborough MA.

I am looking for a club in the Westborough/Worcester area.

I have only ever been to American Firearm School in north attleborough for range use.
(nice indoors ranges by the way!)

Wants:
Option of indoor and outdoor ranges.
Ability to bring guests (1-2) occasionally (would not mind paying a small fee either!)
Steel Ball Ammo allowed (Greek surplus ammo for my (on order) CMP M1 Garand)
Pistol + .22LR indoor?

I have no issues helping out around the club or attending the occasional meeting.

Right now I am looking at:

Worcester Pistol Rifle Club
Southborough Rod & Gun Club

Any other local clubs I am forgetting?
Anyone that belongs to both, which is better for some very basic target practice?
I am not yet into any sort of competitive shooting, just would like to throw some lead downrange once a month or so.

Would anyone that belongs to these clubs mind showing me around sometime and/or potentially sponsoring me on the membership forms?

Thanks!
Bryan

Worcester pistol and rifle is nice. A lot of my friends are member I wanna join soon. They just built a new indoor range/club house. Have 3 out door ranges one being 100 yards. They host many IDPA, bowling pin shoots. Great place to go. Have met some great people there.

I'm a member at WPRC and in my opinion, it's a great club. The ranges are fairly basic, but all they need to do is catch bullets, so that's fine. They should be finishing up the renovation of the indoor range now, and i'm hoping it'll be opening within a month.

The biggest plus is their visitors policy. you're allowed to bring 3 guests at a time, and it's great for getting a bunch of new people exposed to shooting. I've been able to bring couples to the range and have them try stuff out, which is pretty cool.

if you want the grand tour shoot me a PM and we can try and check it out on a weekend. I think they're running the new member orientation (which you have to take before applying for membership) at the end of the month. check the website (WPRClub.com) for more details.

I've been to southborough once to try my hand at trap. nice club, but i can't offer too much info on it. I think Mr. Happy is still in charge of the trap stuff, so you may be able to ask him for more details.

Thanks for the replies guys.

WPRC is sounding like the winner. The location is certainly a plus too, only a 9 minute drive!
I will definitely email them & attend the member orientation at the end of this month.
Hope to see some of you there very shortly.

Southborough has a 7-position, 50' indoor range (for pistols up to .45ACP and .22 rifles), an outdoor range out to 100 yards, trap, skeet, sporting clays, a trout pond, and 2 archery courses.
If you'd like a tour, I'm doing an NRA Basic Pistol Class at the Club Saturday but there will be others there that can show you around. I'll also be there Sunday for trap (open to the public Sunday from 1 to 4).

ETA: no steel-core ammo, sorry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom