Worcester area Bee education

Mrs. Cloverleaf is interested in beekeeping. I know there is a program in the fall, but is there any place local to Central Mass that I can send her during spring/summer? Or any NES beekeepers that would be willing to let us swing over and pick brain about getting started? I know that there is plenty to read about it, but she's a very visual/kinesthetic learner.... Ask me how I know. Lol

I started last April with 2 packages from wood's, Split one of the hives twice for a total of 4 hives now, and they all made it though the winter.
Good luck.... I think it is a lot of fun!

My wife started last year. She started with 1 package, got her hive through the winter and now has 2 more hives for this year.

She's found Bushy Mountain Bee Farm (http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/) extraordinarily helpful. She took an online course that really got her going and they have multiple podcasts as well. They're very helpful with any questions. Not always the cheapest on supplies but they're excellent quality, very good selection, and superb customer support.

Not sure where in Central MA you are, we're Northern Worcester County, but I'm sure my wife would be willing to help Mrs Cloverleaf if she needs someone to talk to or maybe even watch first-hand. PM me if interested for details.

She can get in touch with her local bee club and they can set her up with a mentor. I would offer if you are ever headed north I will gladly walk her through one of my hives.

Local club best way to go. Even though most if not all have already had their annual winter " bee schools" it is still worthwhile to joina club now, go to meetings and get involved.

Just like a rod and gun club too I guess.

Keeing bees is an extremely satisfying endeavor.

Back
Top Bottom