Worcester 4/10/10 IDPA Classifier

One last question.

What is the fee for non WPRC members?

I'm not a member of WPRC and I'm trying to remember what I paid... it is for sure no more than $20 but if memory serves me I think non-members pay $15 at WPRC and members pay $10 I believe... $20 will cover you for sure.

Many thanks to all the people who helped out at our match. Setup, teardown, scoring, SO's....these are the people who keep the sport alive and thriving. Without you there would be no match.

Peter

Great match at Worcester pistol and rifle club.

You're welcome. You ran a very well organized match Peter. All of the SO's were helpful and friendly. Eisenhow did a great job in his first match as a certified SO.

Lugnut, were you there? If so I'm sorry I didn't run into you. It was a good crowd.

For all of those who saw me taping targets and were impressed by the tape gun, you can find them here; (watch the wrap)
https://www.targetbarn.com/newstore2.asp?CAT=TARGETPASTERS&SubCat=TAPEGUNS

Thanks again to all involved. I had a lot of fun and didn't do too badly for a lowly IPSC shooter. [wink]

Michael Chludenski.

Thanks for an Enjoyable Day

Thanks to the entire staff at WP&R for an enjoyable day at your fine club. That was one very efficiently run classifier match - the double sets of all three stages made for small squads even with the large turnout, short waits, and .... just incredible how fast you get the results out and posted to idpa.com! Other clubs can learn a great deal seeing how you guys run a classifier.

And to Mike-Mike, a pleasure meeting you.

Regards,
Kevin W.
p.s. Please come join those of us "north of the border" for the NH State Match 7/18.

Another great job by all the worc. guys ,thanks for all the time you spent running a real smooth classifier. Much appreciation goes to the so's,scorers and of course john for getting the results out real quick .

Sadly, I probably couldn't have sucked more even if I tried. I don't know if it was the lack of practice (I hadn't been to the range in 3+ months) or just a simple fact that I am a horrible shot. Either way I had a great time yesterday. Thanks to Peter, all the SOs and everyone else who was involved in making this a great match.

Sadly, I probably couldn't have sucked more even if I tried. I don't know if it was the lack of practice (I hadn't been to the range in 3+ months) or just a simple fact that I am a horrible shot. Either way I had a great time yesterday. Thanks to Peter, all the SOs and everyone else who was involved in making this a great match.

I think you'll find that there is a large mental component to this game. Any time in front of the timer is a learning experience. Hopefully you walk away having fun and learning something to help you for next time. I still need to keep telling myself to slow down and call my shots, especially on the first stage or two of match.

You did well for your first classifier. The more you shoot IDPA the better. Keep in mind that you were also shooting a carry gun and not a competition gun. So you might of won the tiny barrel CDP division.[smile]

I think you'll find that there is a large mental component to this game.

I could not agree more. My first few times up were nightmares thinking back to what I actually did. All of my mistakes were mental errors, well also some inaccuracy issues [smile]

How hard is it to remember.. OK draw fire 2 chest 1 head,holster. repeat 2 more times... WELL My first classifier its possible I forgot to holster:) That darn simulated stress timer went off and something other than my brain took over. Heck yesterday I got a PE from Mike F for not moving on stage 2 string 2, in my head i was moving but in reality I guess not [wink]

With practice and time you will surely improve. I shoot at HSC quite often focusing only on IDPA principles if you ever want to practice with someone I'm 100% down with more shooting!

Thanks to all WPR staff for a fine day.

Heck yesterday I got a PE from Mike F for not moving on stage 2 string 2, in my head i was moving but in reality I guess not [wink]

I did even better than that. I was the first to go on stage three. I listened to the instructions: 2-2-2 from one side of the barrier, reload, 2-2-2 from the other side. I proceeded to shoot 2-2-2 from the right, open the cylinder and show it to the SO, and wait for the unload and show clear that wasn't supposed to come. [shocked]. I got to re-shoot the stage due to "mental malfunction" [wink]

I did even better than that. I was the first to go on stage three. I listened to the instructions: 2-2-2 from one side of the barrier, reload, 2-2-2 from the other side. I proceeded to shoot 2-2-2 from the right, open the cylinder and show it to the SO, and wait for the unload and show clear that wasn't supposed to come. [shocked]. I got to re-shoot the stage due to "mental malfunction" [wink]

That is funny Mike- glad you were able to reshoot!

the WPR IDPA calendar list saturdays as match dates, the dates are actually Sundays,

my question, are the matches on saturday or sunday... anyone know.

Which calendar are you referring to specifically? Are you sure you're looking at 2010 and not 2009? The matches are Saturday mornings, the practices are Sunday evenings.

Here ar a few photos from the match.

thumbdsc0292.jpg

thumbdsc0269.jpg

thumbdsc0257.jpg

thumbdsc0241.jpg

thumbdsc0237.jpg

thumbdsc0229.jpg

thumbdsc0220.jpg

thumbdsc0190.jpg

thumbdsc0184.jpg

thumbdsc0176.jpg

Last edited:
I think you'll find that there is a large mental component to this game. Any time in front of the timer is a learning experience. Hopefully you walk away having fun and learning something to help you for next time. I still need to keep telling myself to slow down and call my shots, especially on the first stage or two of match.

I always have fun, just don't see any improvement.

You did well for your first classifier. The more you shoot IDPA the better. Keep in mind that you were also shooting a carry gun and not a competition gun. So you might of won the tiny barrel CDP division.[smile]

To me IDPA is as close to a real life shooting scenario as I can get without actually shooting someone. I hope to never by in a real life situation but this is why I shoot what I carry. I may not ever win any competitions but if I can get to a point where my shots always land where they are supposed to, I will be very happy.

I shoot at HSC quite often focusing only on IDPA principles if you ever want to practice with someone I'm 100% down with more shooting!

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it sometime.

I find dry firing a 1911 to be less than ideal. Having to rack the slide or cock the hammer after each shot throws me out of rhythm.

Then don't. A lot of my dry practice doesn't include a trigger press. I do a lot of draw/index work where I just establish an acceptable sight picture. I also do a lot of transition work with multiple targets where I only have a click on the first trigger press. I can't recommend Steve Anderson's dry fire book highly enough. http://www.amazon.com/Refinement-Repetition-Dry-fire-Dramatic-Improvement/dp/1930847769

Back
Top Bottom