Worcester 4/10/10 IDPA Classifier

Mike-Mike

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Please come out to Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club located in Boylston MA.

Practice held Sunday 4/4/10 6:30pm

Match Held
Sat 4/10/10
M.D. Chopper
Time 9:15-9:45 Registration
Classifier

www.wprclub.com

If you are new to IDPA, now is your chance. These are open to the public. You need not be a WPR member or an IDPA member to shoot a match. [smile]

Last edited:
There is road construction going on near the entrance to the club. You may only enter from the Rt 140 side of Sewall St. There is a sign saying "Road Closed" but you can reach the club before the construction starts.
Peter

Your on big fellah!
Changing divisions to ESR. Wil is going to use my 625 to classify. I think we may have another revolver convert here. I'll bring you a cigar for defaulting[wink] then proceed to Kilo Yankee Alpha with my Hi Power.
Peter

How many rounds is a classifier? Can I shoot 2 a gun for CDP and one for SSP?
Check your rule book, the classifier is in it. Yes you can shoot a second division for a second fee. You will have to shoot one division to completion, go to the safe area where you can box one gun and unbox the other, then proceed to shoot your second division. We DQ'd a shooter last year for handling guns in the middle of a group of shooters (we run a cold range). He was trying to change guns between stages.

Peter

I've never shot a classifier before - how is is set up, ie. is this a day long process like a regular match, or is it over quickly? (family obligations later in the day ...)

-Tim

Much like a regular match. Not sure how long it will last. Depends on the number of people that show up. I hope to be there.

Michael.

I just joined IDPA today and currently dont have a membership number and wont know it till Monday. Is it possible to shoot this weekend and still have it reported so the score counts?

Can non-IDPA shooters participate or is this for IDPA members only?

Since this is an official classifier, does it mean that stages will be "less fun"?

You need to be a member to have your classification "count". You need to be classified to participate in a sanctioned match (ie a state or regional match like MA, CT, NH, MAINE, NY state championships or NER New England Regionals). I'd contact someone at Worcester IDPA to see if they will hold your classification until your membership number comes in. If you have any interest in IDPA I'd join IDPA and shoot the classifier, if you don't do it now it will be a pain to find a classifier to shoot in order to attend a major match later in year.

Since this is an official classifier, does it mean that stages will be "less fun"?
The stages will be exactly as described in the IDPA Rule Book starting on page 66. No cover garment is required and it's not a scenario stage so they'll be no moving targets, steel, or low light stage.

Shooting with you is never "less fun" see you tomorrow. If you want to really be classified join IDPA today and we will set you up.

I haven't shot anything since the IDPA match back in January. I am not sure that I am ready to shoot in a match just yet.

As long as you can handle your firearm safely you are ready. Don't hesitate to shoot this- you gain lots of match experience each time the buzzer goes off. Learning to shoot under pressure is a required skill.

I haven't shot anything since the IDPA match back in January. I am not sure that I am ready to shoot in a match just yet.

If you plan to shoot a match at all eventually, I'd do this. I've been shooting matches for about 6 months now, but can never seem to get to a classifier, so when I do well at a match, I don't show up as beating anyone on the match results. It's a small thing, but annoying.

I just joined IDPA today and currently dont have a membership number and wont know it till Monday. Is it possible to shoot this weekend and still have it reported so the score counts?
When your membership number arrives, send it to me via PM and I will enter your classifier results into the IDPA database.

Peter

You need to be a member to have your classification "count". You need to be classified to participate in a sanctioned match (ie a state or regional match like MA, CT, NH, MAINE, NY state championships or NER New England Regionals). I'd contact someone at Worcester IDPA to see if they will hold your classification until your membership number comes in. If you have any interest in IDPA I'd join IDPA and shoot the classifier, if you don't do it now it will be a pain to find a classifier to shoot in order to attend a major match later in year.

The stages will be exactly as described in the IDPA Rule Book starting on page 66. No cover garment is required and it's not a scenario stage so they'll be no moving targets, steel, or low light stage.

I just applied for the IDPA membership. So, if I shoot tomorrow, do I just tell the match director that I am an IDPA member but don't have my number yet?

I just applied for the IDPA membership. So, if I shoot tomorrow, do I just tell the match director that I am an IDPA member but don't have my number yet?

Yup, we will put it aside. When u get your number just give it to us. [smile] And yes we hope to be done before 3.

When your membership number arrives, send it to me via PM and I will enter your classifier results into the IDPA database.

Peter

Yes, just let Chopper (Peter) know when you get the IDPA number. See you tomorrow. I'll be the guy with the revolver doing his best impression of an SO [wink]

I would like to participate but the only problem is that need to be out of there by 3PM. Do you think we'll be done by then?

Based on recent matches, yes, though it depends on turnout.

See post #22.

Back
Top Bottom