Worcester 1/9/10 IDPA Match

Mike-Mike

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club will be holding an IDPA match on 1/9/10.

Please join us.

www.wprclub.com

Details:

Registration at 09:30 first shots at 10:00.

Match Director is John C.
6 Challenging stages
1 Low light stage (bring a flashlight)
Minimum round count: 88 rounds

If you have never been to an IDPA match, this is your chance to shoot a club match and have a blast. See you there.

--Mike[smile]

I usually ask what are you shooting, in light of last months match the more appropriate question might be "What kind of hat are you wearing?". [smile]

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club will be holding an IDPA match on 1/9/10.

Please join us.

www.wprclub.com

Details:

Registration at 09:30 first shots at 10:00.

Match Director is John C.
6 Challenging stages
1 Low light stage (bring a flashlight)
Minimum round count: 88 rounds

If you have never been to an IDPA match, this is your chance to shoot a club match and have a blast. See you there.

--Mike[smile]

What's for breakfast? [grin]

Looking to get into an IDPA match. I've Never been one. Do you have to pre-register or just show up? Also any recommendations (#of mags, equipment, etc.) thanks in advance.
-W

Looking to get into an IDPA match. I've Never been one. Do you have to pre-register or just show up? Also any recommendations (#of mags, equipment, etc.) thanks in advance.
-W

You need a strong side belt holster that covers the trigger guard, 3 mags, 2 belt mounted mag carriers, a flashlight, and about 150 rounds of ammo.

No pre registration is required, just show up to register in the morning. I'd recommend going to the practice this Sunday at 6:30 if you can. If you have experience drawing from the holster and shooting on the move, no problem showing up without a practice. If you don't, I highly recommend a practice or basic defensive/practical shooting class before going to a match.

I didn't think the mag carriers had to be mounted.. Can't they be in a pocket??
You don't have to have you magazines on your belt, but it is the way to go.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Last question. Do you have to be a member of the club? I heard no, but looking for clarification. Sorry for all the Q's--FNG.

Last question. Do you have to be a member of the club? I heard no, but looking for clarification. Sorry for all the Q's--FNG.

No, per IDPA rules "Club matches and facilities must be open to all IDPA
members.". At WPRC you do get a discount on the match fee if you are a member though.

Are there any other newbies going to this event? I am trying to shake my Saturday plans so I can finally go to one of these.

I don’t know if there will be any other new IDPA shooters there, but don’t let that stop you from going. Let them know that you are new and if you are carrying. They are good group of people and they will take good care of you.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Ahhh got it. So if I go, I will be shooting a 1911. How many rounds per stage are shot so I know how many mags I will need on my belt? Also the only OWB holster I have for it is a Serpa paddle. Is that sufficient? Or should I go pick up something else?

Ahhh got it. So if I go, I will be shooting a 1911. How many rounds per stage are shot so I know how many mags I will need on my belt? Also the only OWB holster I have for it is a Serpa paddle. Is that sufficient? Or should I go pick up something else?
You will need a holster(yes I think you holster is okay), three magazines, two magazine holders and a concealment garment. They will go over basic safety and explain the placement of equipment after you tell them that you are new. They will likely squad you with someone to help you through your first match.

Also I think you should bring about 150 rounds of ammo, you will likely shoot less.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Last edited:
To everyone that is hesitant to try this... just get the heck out there and try it! Everyone you will see at WPRC are the nicest people you'll meet. You can't find a better way to give your gun some holster wear!

Back
Top Bottom