Woodville Rod & Gun Club?

Starting to settle in at my place in Hopkinton. [grin]

I'm wondering if Southborough R&G (SRG) and Hopkinton Sportsmen's (HSA) have pro-rated memberships? I know some clubs do, others don't. I don't want to get screwed trying to join in November/December, having to pay a full-year, and then paying another full year in January (I'd just wait till Jan.).

Stopped in at Holliston Firearms earlier this week to pick up a pistol (from this forum, actually). Mark's a nice guy, gave me applications to both clubs. He's a member at SRG and the person I was buying the pistol from was as well -- they signed an application for me, so I already have the "sponsorship" should I apply to SRG.

I'm also curious what guest policies are at each club. My friend who introduced me to shooting belongs to a club that has a generous policy. Guests pay a range fee ($5), and can shoot in any range as long as they have been qualified accordingly by a range officer (i.e. Outdoor, Cal: x; Indoor, Cal: x; Rifle; Archery). I don't think he's limited to the amount of guests (I'm sure there is), but he's had as many as 2 - 3 non-members with him. It'd be nice if I can go shoot with him, or have him come join me at one of the clubs I belong to.

Might have some time this weekend to check out some clubs... Hmmm.

- HP

Interesting - Mark is a good guy and also a Member at HSA.

Joining at this time of year at HSA gives you a full years membership - pro-rated if joining later. Your welcome to bring a couple of quests with one shooting at a time - your responsible for your guest.

There are apartments in Woodville?

Apparently... [wink]

Interesting - Mark is a good guy and also a Member at HSA.

Joining at this time of year at HSA gives you a full years membership - pro-rated if joining later. Your welcome to bring a couple of quests with one shooting at a time - your responsible for your guest.

Thanks for the info.

I need to stop sitting behind a computer and go for a visit.

Maybe HSA gets the nod for it's 200yd rifle range... and WiFi... the apt. isn't hooked up yet.

- HP

Both, at SRGC you'll need to attend meetings and do a couple work parties to get your keycard activated though - easy stuff really.

Back
Top Bottom