• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

woods / sand pit shooting in NH?

when my uncle grew up in Mass, he used to go shooting in sand pits all the time. now he's in Maine and we do the same. I have friends in New Hampshire who I'd like to shoot with. They think it's ok to go into an empty sand pit or way out in the woods... is it? I just want to be certain before doing anything. I would like to take a thrower and shoot clays.

As long as you are outside 300 feet of a "permanently occupied dwelling"

Another recent thread here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-public-sandpit-type-shooting-in-NH?p=1388413

Mostly, it depends on type of land and who owns it. If it is private you of course need land owners permission. If it is public check with town; if it is not considered a park or otherwise forbids shooting, and it meets the state laws you should be good.
Figure if you can hunt there, you can shoot there as both require discharging a firearm. If you are close enough to disturb the neighbors don't be surprised by a visit from the boys in blue, depending where you are the sheeple may think that any gunshots require the attention of a swat team. Just stay legal, polite, and don't do anything stupid you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom