Woodcock?

CdP

Anyone have any luck yet? Have spent a couple hours at a couple WMAs but nothing yet. Though, it's my first time trying and my dog is just learning, so it could be an issue of the loose screw on the trigger / operator error!!

I know a good woodcock spot is worth it's weight in gold, so don't tell me where, just tell me if! :)

Thanks!!

They hang out in the near muddy wetlands. They are interesting and fun to hunt. I once shot a half a box of ammo at one because he was on the end of a peninsula and when I shot he would swing way out over the water then come back and land at the same spot. Him and I just agreed to disagree at the end of the day.

Ok! Operator error so far as I was in drier land than swampy land.

I'll give it another "shot" later in the week. (I'll be here all week. Try the veal.)

Thanks for the tips!!

I kicked up a few the other day scouting some ducks. When i see them I am usually tangled in so much brush I could not get a shoot off if I wanted to.
Where are you located ?

I kicked up a few the other day scouting some ducks. When i see them I am usually tangled in so much brush I could not get a shoot off if I wanted to.
Where are you located ?

Glad to travel around an hour of Concord MA area. Went to Pantry Brook and Barre Falls this week. Maybe will try Bolton Flats?

Tips I can give is wet lands, a cylinder or skeet choke and If you think your on to one (excited pooch) put the gun on your shoulder or be rady the best you safely can and walk they are darn fast! I am no crack shot I have a hard time hitting them.. I have found a lot along wooded rivers as well... Oh and if you are scouting there is a road in Dartmouth named wood cock road.. I have checked there are no woodcock there that I have ever seen its just a cleaver name!

Back
Top Bottom